14 (part II) MOC points in medical knowledge in the American Board of Internal Medicine's (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program
9.9 Contact Hours
1 Hour of Pharmacology for NPs
Course Fees:$895 for Physicians, Attorneys, Psychologists, Doctors of Pharmacy, & Dentists
$695 for Physician Assistants
$695 for Nurse Practitioners
$495 for Nurses, Residents, Students & Others
BIAS FREE CME - No Commercial Support was provided for this CME activity.
- Update of physician wellness at individual, institutional and cultural levels
- Apply conceptual framework of physician wellness at the personal and institutional level and within the culture of medicine to their unique hospital/clinic setting.
- Dealing with Difficult Patients and Colleagues
- Give examples of how to assist a burned-out colleague.
- Medical Marriage/relationships
- Analyze an important variable that affects physician wellness and assess strategies for support of relationships.
- Coping with Trauma/Loss
- Utilize a compassion-based strategy for self care when coping with struggles experienced in medicine.
- The ethics of burnout
- Apply principles of ethical obligations to their unique hospital/clinic setting.
- When the Doctor becomes a Patient
- Summarize common insights physicians report when experiencing role reversal.
- Burnout: Is it me or is it medicine?
- Identity sources of personal-professional conflict that increase symptoms of burnout.
- Acute and Chronic Rhinosinusitis
- Understand the anatomy of the Paranasal Sinuses
- Explain the pathophysiology of Acute and Chronic Rhinosinusitis
- Describe methods of diagnosing and treating Acute and Chronic Rhinosinusitis
- Anaphylaxis - Diagnosis and Management
- Explain mechanisms and presentations of Anaphylaxis
- Describe treatment with emphasis on importance of Epinephrine
- Explain why physicians and staff should be proficient in Anaphylaxis management
- Update in Asthma Management
- Discuss the pathophysiology of Asthma
- Describe how Asthma symptoms don't always correlate with severity
- Explain the concepts of step care guideline based Asthma management
- Caring for the patient with Chronic Cough
- Explain the mechanism of the Cough Reflex
- Describe the most common causes of Chronic Cough
- Describe Diagnostic Empiric Trials of Therapy
- Ocular Allergy
- Explain the Pathophysiology of Allergic Conjunctivitis
- Describe other eye abnormalities with similar symptoms
- Determine the appropriate treatment and when to refer
- Rhinitis: Allergic and Non-Allergic
- Explain the types of Allergic and Non-Allergic Rhinitis
- Describe conditions that mimic Rhinitis
- Determine appropriate evaluations, diagnostic studies and treatment plans
- Current approach to the management of stinging insect allergy
- Explain various types of reactions to insects stings
- Describe treatment for each type of reaction
- Determine which patients should be referred
We can assist you with all your travel arrangements. We'd be happy to help you plan your flights, hotels or tours before and/or after your cruise conference.