14 ACPE Credits
14 (part II) MOC points in medical knowledge in the American Board of Internal Medicine's (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program
14.0 Contact Hours
Course Fees:$895 for Physicians, Attorneys, Psychologists, Pharmacists, & Dentists
$695 for Physician Assistants
$695 for Nurse Practitioners
$495 for Nurses, Students & Others
BIAS FREE CME - No Commercial Support was provided for this CME activity.
The time has come to acknowledge the grave flaws of the WHI, and openly explore the myriad ways estrogen supports the female body and to acknowledge the grave impact of menopause on female cardiometabolic health. As well, the past 20 years has brought incredible new understandings of how the female body works, with revelations of the role of the gut microbiome, the circadian and lunar rhythms, the endocannabinoid system, and recognition of the healing effects of nutritional and lifestyle choices, as well as the benefits of fasting, all working synergistically to optimize female health.
These lectures will explain every facet of these new understandings, ultimately presenting a therapeutic approach, each health care practitioner can implement in their practice, to optimize the health of every women patient, as she transitions into the menopause and during the remaining years of her life.
- Estrogen & cardiometabolic health in women & the impact of menopause - part 1
- Define the metabolic impact of menopause due to loss of ovarian hormone production
- Estrogen & cardiometabolic health in women & the impact of menopause - part 2
- Demonstrate knowledge of hormone therapy options in menopause, assessing prior studies and the newest data
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: the poster child for female cardiometabolic dysfunction
- Summarize the myriad reproductive and metabolic manifestations of PCOS and the underlying causes & new therapeutic approaches
- Circadian rhythms, hormones, and cardiovascular health
- Appraise the importance of rhythms to cardiovascular health and the role of clock genes and the master clock
- The gut microbiome & cardiometabolic health - new dietary therapeutic approaches
- Critique the gut microbiomer's role in maintaining cardiometabolic homeostasis & the impact of nutrition
- Female-dominant medical conditions with cardiometabolic risk- but rarely recognized
- Describe which chronic diseases often occurring in menopausal women are associated with serious cardiometabolic risk
- Diagnosing & treating cardiometabolic issues in women - inflammation & fasting explored
- Assess how inflammation underlies all cardiometabolic disease, how to diagnose it, and how to treat it with various forms of fasting
We can assist you with all your travel arrangements. We'd be happy to help you plan your flights, hotels or tours before and/or after your cruise conference.