14 ACPE Credits
14.0 Contact Hours
Course Fees:$895 for Physicians, Attorneys, Psychologists, Pharmacists, & Dentists
$695 for Physician Assistants
$695 for Nurse Practitioners
$495 for Nurses, Students & Others
BIAS FREE CME - No Commercial Support was provided for this CME activity.
Another outcome is to provide learners with new information. Relaying such information to patients might help them make better choices in achieving healthier lifestyles. For example, caffeine impairs the regulation of peripheral blood flow, i.e. caffeine attenuates reactive hyperemia, pressure-flow autoregulation and active hyperemia. Other research has previously shown that caffeine impairs cerebral and coronary circulation. Knowing these things might encourage patients to reduce their consumption of caffeinated beverages.
- Cardiac conduction system
- As a result of this activity, participants should be able to describe the origination and conduction of cardiac action potentials and how disturbances might lead to arrhythmias.
- Blood flow and its regulation
- As a result of this activity, participants should be able to understand the differences between local or organ/tissue blood flow and its regulation vs cardiac output and its control.
- Renal structure and function
- As a result of this activity, participants should be able to better understand renal structure and function. For example they will be able to separate the structure of the juxtaglomerular apparatus from the physiology of GFR.
- Respiratory exchange, transport and regulation
- As a result of this activity, participants should be able to not only improve their understanding of the exchange, transport and regulation of respiratory gases, but also their understanding of respiration/ventilation in general.
- Acetaminophen and cardioprotection
- As a result of this activity, participants should be able to expand their knowledge of the pharmacological/physiological actions of acetaminophen. They will learn about its cardioprotective properties in this lecture.
- Acetaminophen and cerebroprotection
- As a result of this activity, participants should be able to expand their knowledge of acetaminophen and cardioprotection to acetaminophen and stroke.
- Caffeine impairs cardiovascular function
- As a result of this activity, participants should be more informed about the detrimental effects of consuming caffeine on a regular basis (e.g. drinking coffee several times each day).
We can assist you with all your travel arrangements. We'd be happy to help you plan your flights, hotels or tours before and/or after your cruise conference.