14 ACPE Credits
14 (part II) MOC points in medical knowledge in the American Board of Internal Medicine's (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program
14.0 Contact Hours
4 Hours of Pharmacology for NPs
Course Fees:$895 for Physicians, Attorneys, Psychologists, Pharmacists, & Dentists
$695 for Physician Assistants
$695 for Nurse Practitioners
$495 for Nurses, Students & Others
BIAS FREE CME - No Commercial Support was provided for this CME activity.
- Dementia vs. Depression (diagnosis/management)
- Distinguish between dementia and depression.
- Identify the main causes of dementia and apply appropriate diagnostic and treatment strategies.
- Utilize the Alzheimer''s Association Pocketcard App for an updated easily accessible resource in primary care settings.
- Recognize and manage depression in older patients.
- Delirium (prevention, diagnosis, management)
- Apply the Confusion Assessment Method to diagnose delirium
- Identify and treat underlying causes of delirium
- Maximize use of non-pharmachologic approaches to delirium
- Critical Geriatric Perspectives: Frailty,Debility, and the Importance of Functional Assessment
- Define debility and frailty.
- Identify the different functions included in Activities of Daily Living and Instrumental Activites of Daily Living.
- How to utilize the health care team to assist your patients maximize functional status.
- Geriatric Physical Assessment:What is Normal and What is Not
- Recognize the challenges to a quality geriatric physical examination.
- Distinguish between clinical signs of normal aging and pathological findings in physical examination through a photographic review.
- Successful Aging-How to Stay Sharp and Fit as the Birthdays fly by
- Discover top tips for keeping a sharp mind and body for yourself and your aging patients.
- Polypharmacy: More is not Better
- Recognize polypharmacy and prioritize treatment medications
- Select practical regimens for improved medication compliance.
- Employ geriatric prescribing prinicples such as "start low and go slow" to lessen adverse outcomes.
- Preventative Care for Older Patients: Get your shots and don't fall!
- Implement current adult immunization schedule for older patients
- Analyze the root cause of falls and implement appropriate preventative strategies.
- Common Childhood Infections: Diagnosis and Treatment
- Identify an approach to evaluate and manage infants/children with fever
- Describe bacterial and viral illnesses of the respiratory tree with a focus on epidemiology, diagnosis, and treatment.
- List the characteristic features and describe the clinical courses of common exanthems.
- Health Risk Assessment and Prevention in Childhood
- Use evidence-based recommendations and guidelines to establish standardized procedures, including standardized protocols to screen child and adolescent patients
- Evaluate current clinical practices for alignment with updated evidence-based clinical preventive guidelines from the AAP and USPSTF.
- Develop a strategy to facilitate the adoption of evidence-based clinical practice guidelines.
- Adolescent Immunizations
- Identify available vaccine administration strategies and resources, available patient education resources, vaccine alert systems, and current immunization schedules.
- Use evidence-based recommendations and guidelines to establish standardized vaccine administration procedures, including standardized protocols to screen for immunizations during patient encounters.
- Counsel patients, and parents of children, using available patient education resources and motivational interviewing about vaccine safety and efficacy.
- Participate in available childhood immunization programs, and administer using a standardized process.
- HPV: Prevention and Management
- Discuss the role of HPV in cancer
- Review the available strategies for HPV prevention
- Apply USPSTF recommendations on screening for cervical dysplasia during routine office visits.
- Use evidence-based recommendations to evaluate women who have abnormal Pap test results to determine appropriate treatment or referral
- Contraception: Beyond Condoms, Pills, and Sterilization
- Describe principles of patient selection regarding contraceptives
- Discuss the indications/contraindications for various contraceptive methods
- Appraise recommendations for use of long-acting reversible contraceptives
- State the options and indications regarding methods of emergency contraception
- Menopause - The Heat Goes On!
- Develop an approach to evaluate the patient experiencing vasomotor instability.
- Identify the options for treatment of the patient with vasomotor instability.
- Provide patient education on the potential risks and benefits of hormone replacement therapy (HRT).
- Breast Cancer: Prevention and Screening
- Discuss the epidemiology of breast cancer.
- Review factors in breast cancer prevention.
- Use an evidence-based approach to recommendations on screening for breast cancer.
- State the USPSTF recommendations on screening for breast cancer.
We can assist you with all your travel arrangements. We'd be happy to help you plan your flights, hotels or tours before and/or after your cruise conference.