16 ACPE Credits
16.0 Contact Hours
3½ Hours of Pharmacology for NPs
Course Fees:$995 for Physicians, Attorneys, Psychologists, Pharmacists, & Dentists
$750 for Physician Assistants
$750 for Nurse Practitioners
$595 for Nurses, Students & Others
BIAS FREE CME - No Commercial Support was provided for this CME activity.
What can you add her remove from the patient's environment to alleviate some of their daily symptoms? The functional medicine approach will apply clinical expertise and evidence-based medicineto some of the most common patient complaints.
- IBS - part 1
- Review the definition and diagnosis of IBS
- Review the pathophysiology of IBS including SIBO, celiac testing and food sensitivities
- Discuss the impact of the microbiome on IBS symptoms
- IBS- part 2
- Discuss the value of the elimination diet and how to implement it
- Associate the vagus nerve and its impact on irritable bowel symptoms
- Review non-pharmacologic approaches to IBS symptoms
- Illustrate melatonin and serotonin pathways
- Discuss the impact of blue light on sleep cycle
- Review non-pharmacologic approaches as sleep aids
- Flu prevention
- Discuss the efficacy of flu vaccines and patient concerns
- Review study supporting and refuting nonpharmacologic approaches to flu prevention and impact on flu symptoms/duration
- Distance will be able to utilize a natural approach to support the immune system against the flu
- NASH-nonalcoholic steatohepatitis
- Review pathogenesis of Nash
- Summarize diagnostic testing options
- Update providers on non-pharmacologic treatment options for NASH
- Intestinal permeability
- Illustrate intestinal permeability and review risks and causes
- Identify nutrients indicated in gut healing
- Review studies associating intestinal permeability with autoimmune disease
- Functional medicine approach to chronic disease
- Discuss the functional medicine approach to evaluation of root cause of inflammation and disease
- Expand on the function of the microbiome and the impact on chronic disease
- Describe the amgydala's interpretation of physical and emotional stress and the impact on health
- Pediatric Integrative Medicine at Cleveland Clinic Foundation
- Present CCF's Pediatric Integrative Medicine clinic and our approach to treatment of children.
- Introduce Integrative and Complementary therapies and common conditions treated in our clinic
- Osteopathic Manipulation for the non Osteopath
- Discuss and demonstrate safe and effective basic Osteopathic Manipulative techniques for infants, children and adolescents.
- Probiotic Research
- Review the research of many probiotic strains and findings of how use of these supplements may aid in the care of medical conditions.
- Integrative Treatment for Headache
- Review various types of Integrative and complementary options for headaches, including manual therapies, dietary supplements and stress reduction.
- Fatigue, an Integrative approach
- Define fatigue
- Review diagnostic work up
- Introduce Integrative Medicine treatment options to enhance patient care
- Fibromyalgia, a holistic approach to care
- Define fibromyalgia
- Diagnosis of fibromyalgia and Integrative treatment options to enhance patient care
- Stress Management
- Present the importance of stress in our lives and various ways to reduce stress and improve our quality of life
We can assist you with all your travel arrangements. We'd be happy to help you plan your flights, hotels or tours before and/or after your cruise conference.