14 Contact Hours
14 CE Credits for Psychologists
8 Hours of Pharmacology for NPs
Course Fees:$895 for Physicians, Attorneys, Psychologists, Doctors of Pharmacy, & Dentists
$695 for Nurse Practitioners
$695 for Physician Assistants
$495 for Nurses, Residents, Students & Others
BIAS FREE CME - No Commercial Support was provided for this CME activity.
- Antibiotic Treatment Guidelines: Separating fact from fiction
- Identify for the conference members the discrepancies between current guideline recommendations and the current literature on the subject
- Critical Review of the 206 Surviving Sepsis Campaign
- The Surviving Sepsis Campaign was recently updated. Realize the important points that impact patient care.
- Fungal Infections in the ICU
- Currently different organizations vary in their recommendations on when to use the available anti-fungal therapies.
- Develop a practice based plan for the use of the available anti-fungal therapies.
- ARDS Clinical Update
- Current clinical practice in patients with ARDS often does not follow the most recent literature.
- Upon completion of this lecture, clinicians should be able to practice more evidence based medicine.
- Infection control practices in the ICU: What is the evidence?
- Upon completion of this lecture, clinicians should be able understand and implement cost effective infection control measures in their practice.
- Management of Embolic Stroke
- Currently different organizations vary in their recommendations on treatment of CVAs and related complications.
- Critically review the management of acute embolic strokes.
- Critical Care Controversies: Transfusion in the ICUs
- Identify the appropriate transfusion trigger in the critically ill and the risks associated with transfusion.
- Also discussion transfusion practices for massive transfusions.
- The Role of Opiate Agonist Therapy in the Treatment of Opioid Use Disorder
- Characterize the role of and practical differences between buprenorphine, methadone, and naltrexone in the treatment of patients with opioid use disorder.
- Recognize the impact of stigma on the treatment of patients with addiction
- Safe Opioid Prescribing and Urine Drug Testing
- Interpret urine drug testing results in the context of opioid prescribing and monitoring
- Inpatient management of patients with OUD
- Outline an approach to safely and effectively managing inpatients with OUD
- Medical Complications of Alcohol Use Disorder
- Describe the various manifestations of alcohol use disorder
- Pharmacotherapy for Alcohol Use Disorder
- Recognize the variety of evidence-based medications available for the treatment of AUD, and recognize the factors that guide selection
- Cocaine, crack and the cardiovascular system
- Explain the differences between powdered cocaine and crack cocaine, and the variety of manifestations associated with acute and chronic use
- Tobacco cessation and motivational interviewing
- Integrate principles of motivational interviewing into discussing treatment options for smoking cessation
- Contrast the available treatment options for tobacco use disorder
Conference Sessions generally take place on days at sea (as itinerary allows), giving you plenty of time to enjoy your meals, evenings and ports of call with your companion, family and friends.
We can assist you with all your travel arrangements. We'd be happy to help you plan your flights, hotels or tours before and/or after your cruise conference.