14 Contact Hours
14 CE Credits for Psychologists
8 Hours of Pharmacology for NPs
Course Fees:$895 for Physicians, Attorneys, Psychologists, Doctors of Pharmacy, & Dentists
$695 for Physician Assistants
$495 for Nurses, Residents, Students & Others
BIAS FREE CME - No Commercial Support was provided for this CME activity.
- Overview of substance use disorders (addiction) and diversion: epidemiology, etiology, diagnosis and pharmacological and pharmacokinetic properties of commonly abused substances - Part one
- Describe the scope of the problem of substance-related disorders (substance use, abuse, diversion)
- Overview of substance use disorders (addiction) and diversion: epidemiology, etiology, diagnosis and pharmacological and pharmacokinetic properties of commonly abused substances - Part two, and Consequences and Prevention of Substance Abuse and Addiction
- Distinguish the changes to diagnostic criteria between DSM-IV-TR to DSM-5 for substance-use disorders
- Pharmacotherapy for Substance Use Disorders - Ethanol, Nicotine, and Opioids
- Compare and contrast the efficacy of drugs used to treat substance use disorders
- Obesity and weight control including pharmacotherapy for both OTC and prescription drugs
- Compare and contrast the efficacy of drugs used for the short- and long-term treatment of obesity.
- Managing acute asthma
- Diagnose and manage acute asthma from basic care through to life-threatening presentation
- Managing sepsis
- Differentiate infection from sepsis; diagnose and manage sepsis
- De-stressing the critically ill patient
- Determine the physiological, psychological and pharmacological stresses inflicted during critical illness
- Managing diabetic emergencies
- Manage fluid, insulin and other aspects from a physiological perspective
- Don't believe everything you read!
- Using sepsis as an exemplar, to demonstrate how the literature often misleads, with evidence bias rather than evidence base
- Understanding lactate
- To appreciate the biochemical basis of hyperlactatemia, and its causes, and how this is applied to clinical practice
- Managing acute heart failure
- Apply physiological principles to managing heart failure, employing appropriate use of pharmacology
We can assist you with all your travel arrangements. We'd be happy to help you plan your flights, hotels or tours before and/or after your cruise conference.