14 ACPE Credits
14.0 Contact Hours
2½ Hours of Pharmacology for NPs
Course Fees:$895 for Physicians, Attorneys, Psychologists, Pharmacists, & Dentists
$695 for Physician Assistants
$495 for Nurses, Students & Others
BIAS FREE CME - No Commercial Support was provided for this CME activity.
One of the biggest initiatives is to increase colon cancer screening. Participants will have the tools to answer their patients questions, concerns and will be able to encourage patients to undergo screening tests from FIT, to COLOGUARD to screening colonoscopies.
Additional goals include providing knowledge in differentiating between celiac disease, gluten intolerance and gluten sensitivity. Providers will be able to explain the difference and direct the patients for necessary testing.
In understanding elevated liver enzymes, physicians will be able to order additional blood work and narrow the diagnosis prior to the referral. When addressing a topic of fatty liver, a multidisciplinary approach is introduced which will explain how liver findings are part of the metabolic syndrome and therefore close monitoring may involve participation of multiple teams.
- Recognizing Benign and Malignant Lesions of The Skin
- Appropriately treat or refer patients with cutaneous neoplastic disease
- Skin Disease Pearls for Primary Practice
- Be comfortable choosing and using novel techniques in dealing with minor skin problems
- Selected Topics in Acne and Rosacea
- Diagnose and manage the most common forms of acne and rosacea
- Infections and Infestations of the Skin
- Recognize and treat skin infections and infestations
- Psoriasis Update - Treatment and Co-morbidities
- Manage patients with mild to moderate psoriatic disease, and counsel them about the many comorbidities of what used to be considered a benign skin disease.
- GERD and safety of PPI medications
- Participants will be able to identify patients with gastroesophageal reflux, prescribe therapy and discuss side effects of long term PPI use, and interactions with cardiac medications
- HOW TO PROCEED WHEN YOU SEE ELEVATED LIVER ENZYMES?
- Participants will be able to discuss patterns in liver disease and liver function and correlated diseases
- WHATS IN A NAME? CELIAC DISEASE AND GLUTEN SENSITIVITY
- Participants will be able to differentiate and order appropriate tests for patients with suspected issues with gluten
- COLON CANCER - IS COLONOSCOPY THE ONLY MODALITY
- Participants will be able to discuss and order various testing modalities to increase surveillance of colon cancer
- ABDOMINAL BLOATING AND BACTERIAL OVERGROWTH
- Participants will be able to address the differential diagnosis of abdominal bloating and determine whether breath tests are indicated
- FATTY LIVER- HOW CONCERNED SHOULD WE BE?
- Participants will be able to identify markers indicating fatty liver, and discuss associated risk factors
- CONSTIPATION-IS THERE ANYTHING NEW ON THE MARKET?
- Participants will be able to differentiate between types of constipation, and apply knowledge to treatment
We can assist you with all your travel arrangements. We'd be happy to help you plan your flights, hotels or tours before and/or after your cruise conference.