14 (part II) MOC points in medical knowledge in the American Board of Internal Medicine's (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program
14 Contact Hours
2 Hours of Pharmacology for NPs
Course Fees:$895 for Physicians, Attorneys, Psychologists, Doctors of Pharmacy, & Dentists
$695 for Physician Assistants
$495 for Nurses, Residents, Students & Others
BIAS FREE CME - No Commercial Support was provided for this CME activity.
- Pulmonary edema and acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS)
- Recognize and apply the different methods used to differentiate cardiac and non-cardiac pulmonary edema and apply the different methods used to treat them.
- Update of the Surviving Sepsis Campaign Guidelines for severe sepsis and septic shock
- Identify the most recent 2016 recommendations for patients with sepsis and septic shock and describe the reasons for them. The main focus will be to manage fluid, vasopressor, steroid and glucose control therapy and ulcer and deep venous thrombosis prophylaxis.
- ICU triage including triage for multiple casualty events
- Identify the most recent literature related to ICU triage and manage ICU triage decisions.
- How to improve your communication skills?
- Describe the importance of communication and apply ways to improve communication skills especially in end of life situations.
- Mass disasters and multiple casualty events
- Describe recent recommendations for preparing and managing pandemics and other disasters .
- End of life decision making in the ICU
- Recognize the religious and cultural differences noted for ICU end of life decisions and the differences in end of life decision making around the world to help manage patients.
- Excellence in medicine
- Describe the 10 characteristics which make physicians excellent and apply them to improve skills in providing patients the best possible care.
- Abdominal emergencies
- Male urological emergencies
- Neurological infections
- Allergy, angioedema and anaphylaxis
- Resuscitation pearls--including neonatal resuscitation update
- Airway management in the emergency department
- ENT emergencies--non trauma.
We can assist you with all your travel arrangements. We'd be happy to help you plan your flights, hotels or tours before and/or after your cruise conference.