14 (part II) MOC points in medical knowledge in the American Board of Internal Medicine's (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program
14 Contact Hours
Course Fees:$895 for Physicians, Attorneys, Psychologists, Doctors of Pharmacy, & Dentists
$695 for Physician Assistants
$695 for Nurse Practitioners
$495 for Nurses, Residents, Students & Others
BIAS FREE CME - No Commercial Support was provided for this CME activity.
- Management of Congestive Heart Failure: Updated Guidelines for the Primary Care and Acute Care Provider
- Differentiate heart failure due to systolic and diastolic dysfunction.
- Assess prognosis based upon NYHA class and Ejection Fraction.
- Apply the evidence-based approach to current pharmacological and advanced device therapy treatment guidelines.
- Anticoagulation for Atrial Fibrillation: Updated Guidelines for the Primary Care and Acute Care Provider
- Understand the assessment of bleeding and thromboembolic risk for atrial fibrillation.
- Assess patient candidacy for warfarin and novel oral anticoagulant therapies.
- Assessment of acute chest pain: Updated Guidelines for the Primary Care and Acute Care Provider
- Only 30% of patients with acute chest pain have a cardiac etiology
- What are best-practice clinical and diagnostic modalities to be used in assessment
- Incorporation of cardiac imaging tests in the ED evaluation of chest pain.
- Acute Coronary Syndromes: Updated Guidelines for the Primary Care and Acute Care Provider
- Acute coronary syndromes are a medical emergency; the acute care practitioner must be capable of recognizing, diagnosing, beginning initial therapy, and initiate the multidisciplinary team approach to this life-threating emergency.
- The use of cardiac biomarkers in acute diagnosis.
- The early initiation of medical therapy, and when to initiate interventional therapy.
- Management of Symptomatic Stable CAD: Updated Guidelines for the Primary Care and Acute Care Provider.
- Appreciate in which patients are percutaneous coronary intervention and surgical revascularization are useful.
- Review novel medical therapies for stable CAD.
- Endocarditis: Who are you going to call-Cardiology, Infectious Disease or Cardiac Surgery?
- Review of clinical criteria for diagnosis of endocarditis.
- Appreciate the indications for surgical and medical therapy for endocarditis.
- Management of Hyperlipidemia: Updated Guidelines for the Primary Care and Acute Care Provider
- Review the evidence to support the use of statins for primary and secondary prevention.
- Review the evidence to support the elimination of non-statin therapy from lipid treatment guidelines.
- Understand the role of PCSK9 inhibitor therapy and other emerging therapies in management of dyslipidemia.
We can assist you with all your travel arrangements. We'd be happy to help you plan your flights, hotels or tours before and/or after your cruise conference.