16 ACPE Credits
16.0 Contact Hours
Course Fees:$895 for Physicians, Attorneys, Psychologists, Pharmacists, & Dentists
$695 for Physician Assistants
$695 for Nurse Practitioners
$495 for Nurses, Students & Others
BIAS FREE CME - No Commercial Support was provided for this CME activity.
- Improving patient safety and optimizing outcomes
- Utilizing evidence-based medicine
- Importance of teamwork and communication
- Including multi-specialty and multi-disciplinary management. The successful incorporation of effective computer systems is vital, both for knowledge acquisition, patient management, and medical record keeping, in achieving superior outcomes, both for individual patients, but also for successful teams working together.
- Decreased use and more appropriate use of opioid pain medications
- Decreased use of medications in the elderly from the Beer's list (Do not use list)
- Patient safety advice for elderly
- Improvement in effective pre-travel evaluation and advice for international travelers
Medical Cannabis: Case Studies-to understand specific patient cases who have benefited from medical cannabis and how to identify patients who may benefit.
- Optimizing Results through Teamwork
- Apply the characteristics of successful teams and tools to build teamwork and improve outcomes
- Describe how teamwork can improve chronic disease metrics
- List and explain stages of team formation
- Preparing Your Patients for a Successful Transition to their Golden Years
- Improve the wellness of the elder patients seen
- Address preventive measures for elder patients
- Provide appropriate medication management for the elderly
- Improve communication strategies in discussing advance directives with patients
- Medical Error Reduction: Optimizing Outcomes and Patient Safety
- Discuss types of medical errors that can result in increased morbidity and mortality
- Minimize potential cognitive error risks to result in improved outcomes and patient safety
- Explain how diagnosis momentum can result in medical errors
- Travel Medicine: Prevention Goes International
- Discuss the scope of US travelers abroad
- Assess appropriately the medical risk to the traveler
- List commonly needed Immunizations for travelers
- Implement helpful travel preventative treatments
- Utilize travel medicine related website resources
- Optimizing Patient Safety- Appropriate Opioid Prescribing
- Appropriately evaluate a patient for Chronic Pain
- Utilize general guidelines for prescribing Controlled Substances / Opioids, including the new CDC guidelines
- Implement the use of multiple modalities in managing chronic pain
- Explain the added risks when prescribing opioids in excess of 100 mg/day Morphine Milligram Equivalent (MME)
- Implement strategies to improve patient safety and compliance with guidelines in prescribing opioids and other Controlled Substances
- Why is Medical Cannabis an Important Consideration for Physicians?
- To understand the importance of medical cannabis for some of their patients
- How do Cannabinoids Work on the Human Body?
- To learn about the human endocannabinoid system
- What is the Evidence Supporting Medical Cannabis Use?
- There is emerging evidence supports the use of medical cannabis for some of our patients
- How Do You 'Authorize' Medical Cannabis?
- How is cannabis prescribed in Canada?
We can assist you with all your travel arrangements. We'd be happy to help you plan your flights, hotels or tours before and/or after your cruise conference.