14 ACPE Credits
14.0 Contact Hours
Course Fees:$895 for Physicians, Attorneys, Psychologists, Pharmacists, & Dentists
$695 for Physician Assistants
$695 for Nurse Practitioners
$495 for Nurses, Students & Others
BIAS FREE CME - No Commercial Support was provided for this CME activity.
The practice of medicine is changing constantly at a very fast pace. Staying up to date with current knowledge of diagnosis, treatment and management requires diligence in maintaining a topical approach to common situations. This series of lectures is tailored not only to educate and update with the best medical evidence available, but also to present an appropriate approach to cost effective care.
Self-awareness and team attention to integration of many options for patients is the hallmark of continuity in the specialty of Family Medicine. In this age of increasing attention to outcomes, it behooves all of us to use our knowledge to work closely with colleagues and staff, using professionalism in communication, for the best team approach. Placing patient needs above self-interests is paramount to the best care while enjoying a life outside of medicine.Topics
- Travel considerations
- The clinician will determine and recommend appropriate preparations for travel.
- Exercise in Pregnancy
- The clinician will propose appropriate exercise for the pregnant patient.
- Coding Marine Hazards
- The clinician will be able to conclude the proper code based on knowledge of injury.
- Pap smear and USPSTF selected topics
- The clinician will translate evidence based recommendations into a patient management plan.
- Thyroid management
- The clinician will be able to confidently diagnose and devise treatment and follow-up for abnormal thyroid tests.
- Sports Head and Heart Issues
- The clinician will be able to recognize the common athletic head and heart issues.
- Abdominal Considerations
- The clinician will be able to recognize the likely diagnosis and apply that knowledge to management plans.
We can assist you with all your travel arrangements. We'd be happy to help you plan your flights, hotels or tours before and/or after your cruise conference.