14 ACPE Credits
14 (part II) MOC points in medical knowledge in the American Board of Internal Medicine's (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program
14.0 Contact Hours
2 Hours of Pharmacology for NPs
Course Fees:$895 for Physicians, Attorneys, Psychologists, Pharmacists, & Dentists
$695 for Physician Assistants
$695 for Nurse Practitioners
$495 for Nurses, Students & Others
BIAS FREE CME - No Commercial Support was provided for this CME activity.
- Cardiovascular Disease in Women
- Recognize the differences in presentation and diagnosis of cardiovascular disease in men and women
- Define risk factors, diagnosis and management of cardiovascular disease in woment
- Evaluate and manage cardiovascular disease in women
- Update in Type 2 Diabetes Management
- Identify and utilize the current American Diabetes Association Guidelines for the management of Type 2 Diabetes
- Demonstrate knowledge of medications used to manage Type 2 DM
- Develop strategies to help patients of lifestyle guidelines for diabetes
- Travel Medicine: Staying Healthy on the Road and at Sea
- Review recommendations for travel abroad
- Describe CDC's recommendations for travelers
- Demonstrate ability to use travel medicine resources such as the CDC site
- Manage common illnesses associated with travel ( malaria, motion sickness, viral illnesses)
- Migraine Headaches: Management and Coping skills
- Define common presentations and types of migraine headaches
- Assess the risk factors and triggers for migraines
- Describe and manage pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic treatments for migraines
- Patient Experience: What do Patients Desire Most in their Physicians
- Recognize qualities patients desire most in their physicians and healthcare providers
- Determine the association between patient experience and excellent communication with safety and outcomes
- Develop communication skills to improve patient experience
- The Difficult Patient Encounter: Successful Navigation
- Describe factors that lead to difficult patient encounters.
- Give personal examples of difficult patient encounters
- Discover and utilize new skills to help manage difficult encounters and improve satisfaction and joy in the practice of medicine
- Keys to Building a Connected, Compassionate Team
- Describe skills to evolve a culture of connection, compassion and safety
- Enhance employee engagement and satisfaction
- Learn skills to build team relationships
- Create a culture of mutual respect, safety, and teamwork through communication
- Overview of Mass Casualty Incidents (MCI)
- Determine the general factors relevant in a MCI, be familiar with the definition and goals of terrorism, and the most common types of mass casualty disasters
- Pre-Hospital MCI Management
- Participants will be able to identify priorities (TRIAGE/SORT) of field and early hospital management, discuss the function and structure of pre-hospital triage and Incident Command.
- MCI Peacetime Preparation Principles of Mass Casualty Management
- All resources needed to prepare the participants' organization for a mass casualty incident.
- We will analyze together the gaps in equipment, personnel, and surge capacity in order to return to hospitals to update.
- The role of the medical director
- Learn to act as a key person in MCI
- Radiology in MCI- US, CT, Angiography
- Prepare your radiology team to work in MCI.
- Non-Conventional Disasters
- Anticipated radiological, nuclear, chemical and biological scenarios will be described.
- Best possible treatment plans will be explained.
- This talk will familiarize the participant with the terms and concepts that are unique to the medical management of mass casualties, including triage, surge capacity, decontamination, and critical mortality
- Ethical Challenges, Dilemmas and PTSD
- Assess methods for psycho-emotional support and care of disaster casualties, their families, and responders.
- We will share with the participants our experiences and lessons learned as well as results from longitudinal research studies investigating medical teams in Israel
We can assist you with all your travel arrangements. We'd be happy to help you plan your flights, hotels or tours before and/or after your cruise conference.