14 ACPE Credits
14 (part II) MOC points in medical knowledge in the American Board of Internal Medicine's (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program
14.0 Contact Hours
3½ Hours of Pharmacology for NPs
Course Fees:$895 for Physicians, Attorneys, Psychologists, Pharmacists, & Dentists
$695 for Physician Assistants
$695 for Nurse Practitioners
$495 for Nurses, Students & Others
BIAS FREE CME - No Commercial Support was provided for this CME activity.
- Workup and Management of anemia
- Overview the workup and management of common presentations of anemia.
- Management of too little Iron
- Be able to diagnose, and treat iron deficiency anemia including the appropriate use of IV iron.
- Managment of too much Iron
- Be able to diagnose and manage hemochromatosis and other causes of secondary iron overload.
- Thrombosis updates I
- Be able to devise an appropriate treatment protocol for provoked and unprovoked thrombosis
- Thrombosis updates II
- Be able to manage less common thrombosis including calf DVT, splanchnic vein thrombosis and cryptogenic arterial occlusion
- Anticoagulation managment and reversal
- Overview the new oral anticoagunants and new reversal agents.
- It is TTP?
- Workup and manage new forms of TMA including TTP, HUS, and atypical HUS.
Cardiorespiratory/Renal Physiology and Medicine topics
- Cardiac conduction system
- Clarify cellular/tissue types and function
- Cardiac output: Its distribution and redistribution
- Teach the physiology of cardiac output beyond simply defining it
- Ischemia/reperfusion vs hypoxia/reoxygenation
- Clarify/teach the relationship between organ/tissue ischemia/reperfusion and hypoxia/reoxygenation
- Acetaminophen: beyond fever and pain
- Re-emphasize the history, safety, efficacy of acetaminophen
- Cardioprotection and acetaminophen
- Teach new research results (heart, brain, muscle)
- Respiratory/renal health and disease
- Teach clearance, GFR, exchange and transport of gases in health/disease
- Diet and exercise
- Help resolve fact vs fiction
We can assist you with all your travel arrangements. We'd be happy to help you plan your flights, hotels or tours before and/or after your cruise conference.