14 (part II) MOC points in medical knowledge in the American Board of Internal Medicine's (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program
14.0 Contact Hours
8 Hours of Pharmacology for NPs
Course Fees:$895 for Physicians, Attorneys, Psychologists, Doctors of Pharmacy, & Dentists
$695 for Physician Assistants
$695 for Nurse Practitioners
$495 for Nurses, Residents, Students & Others
BIAS FREE CME - No Commercial Support was provided for this CME activity.
- The neurological examination
- Be able to understand the most important components of the neurologic exam.
- Learn how to accurately conduct a brief neurologic exam./li>
- Be able to accurate diagnose various headaches.
- Be able to identify correct treatment options for various headaches.
- Understand the pathophysiology of insomnia.
- Appreciate the various causes of insomnia.
- Understand the treatment options for insomnia.
- Sleep disorders
- Appreciate the common types of sleep disorders.
- Understand the various treatment options for various sleep disorders.
- Be able to identify features of epileptic seizures versus other types of spells.
- Understand the best treatment options for seizures and spells.
- Entrapment neuropathies
- Understand how to recognize common entrapment neuropathies.
- Appreciate the treatment options for common entrapment neuropathies.
- Neurologic emergencies
- Recognize the presentation of the common neurologic emergencies.
- Understand the urgent supportive treatment needed for these neurologic emergencies.
- Update in treatment of Clostridium Difficile colitis
- Participants will be able to articulate best practice treatment strategies for mild, moderate and severe Clostridium difficile colitis
- Management of the Hospitalized Patient with COPD
- Participants will be able to explain the new GOLD classification for patients with COPD and the corresponding best treatment practices.
- Update in Sepsis: Early Recognition and Treatment
- Participants will be able to describe the 2016 Surviving Sepsis campaign best practices
- Opioid Epidemic Overview for the Hospitalist
- 4. Participants will be able to articulate best practice treatment strategies for hospitalized patients in pain
- Update in the Treatment of Heart Failure
- Participants will be able to discuss the importance of the PARADIGM-HF study in the treatment of patients with heart failure.
- Hospitalists as Drivers for Hospital Quality and Safety
- Participants will be able to describe several examples of how hospitalists can ensure quality and safety in the hospital setting.
- Hospitalists as Drivers for Value Based Care
- Participants will be able to describe several examples of how hospitalists can improve value in the hospital setting.
We can assist you with all your travel arrangements. We'd be happy to help you plan your flights, hotels or tours before and/or after your cruise conference.