14 ACPE Credits
14.0 Contact Hours
BIAS FREE CME - No Commercial Support was provided for this CME activity.
- New antimicrobial agent review and antimicrobial prophylaxis for prevention of endocarditis
- Intra-abdominal infections and diverticulitis
- Infectious issues in patients receiving TNF inhibitors
- Skin and soft tissue infections
- C difficile diarrhea
- Antimicrobial stewardship and its role in primary care
- Infectious disease image and word association
- Urinalysis - A Window into the Body
- Describe methods of urine collection.
- Interpret physical and dipstick examination of urine.
- Identify microscopic elements in urine sediment
- Solve clinical cases with abnormal urinalyses
- Understanding Diuretics
- Describe classification and mechanism of action of diuretics
- Review clinical uses and adverse effects
- Define diuretic adaptation and resistance
- Acute Kidney Injury
- Review definition, epidemiology, course and burden of AKI
- Recognize common causes of AKI and identify risk factors
- Discuss the medical management of AKI in the hospitalized patient
- Illustrate with case presentation
- Poisonings in Nephrology
- Discuss different medications and poisonings seen in clinical practice
- Review the clinical presentation of these poisonings
- Describe the management of these poisonings
- Disorders of Water Balance
- Define osmolality and tonicity
- Describe approach to hypo and hypernatremia with case presentations
- Review steps and pitfalls in management of hyponatremia
- Renovascular Hypertension
- Review the pathophysiology of renovascular hypertension
- Describe patients at risk for developing ischemic nephropathy
- Describe diagnostic evaluation of renal artery stenosis
- Discuss management of patients with atherosclerotic renal artery stenosis
- Chronic kidney Disease - A Call to Action
- Facilitate timely testing and intervention in patients at risk for CKD.
- Apply appropriate clinical measures to manage risk and increase patient safety in CKD.
- Comanage and refer to nephrologists, when appropriate, to improve outcomes in CKD.
Conference Sessions generally take place on days at sea (as itinerary allows), giving you plenty of time to enjoy your meals, evenings and ports of call with your companion, family and friends.
We can assist you with all your travel arrangements. We'd be happy to help you plan your flights, hotels or tours before and/or after your cruise conference.