14 ACPE Credits
14 (part II) MOC points in medical knowledge in the American Board of Internal Medicine's (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program
14.0 Contact Hours
Course Fees:$895 for Physicians, Attorneys, Psychologists, Pharmacists, & Dentists
$695 for Physician Assistants
$695 for Nurse Practitioners
$495 for Nurses, Students & Others
BIAS FREE CME - No Commercial Support was provided for this CME activity.
The importance of establishing a strong clinician-patient bond and addressing psychosocial and spiritual concerns when needed will be emphasized.
- Health Promotion: Encouraging a Healthy Body, Mind, and Spirit
- Assess the patien's current state of physical, psychological, and spiritual health
- Analyze the patient's current dietary and exercise practices
- Discuss an individualized health-promotion strategy for the patient.
- Explain the classification of headaches
- Discuss the appropriate use of brain imaging in evaluating patients with headache
- Describe the appropriate use of abortive and preventive medications in the treatment of migraine.
- Describe the appropriate measurement and classification of hypertension
- Discuss the laboratory testing and imaging needed to diagnose common causes of secondary hypertension
- Describe the major classes of anti-hypertensive treatment and discuss the type of patient most likely to benefit from each class.
- "Get Me Out of Here!": Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia in the Primary Care Setting
- Elicit and assess symptoms of panic disorder and agoraphobia
- Apply appropriate lifestyle modification and stress management skills, including muscle relaxation, breathing control, thought-stopping, and cognitive restructuring
- Recognize and manage side effects of anxiolytics.
- Male Sexual Disorders: Treatment of Hypogonadism, Erectile, and Ejaculatory Dysfunction.
- Elicit a thorough, non-judgmental sexual history
- Describe appropriate laboratory and radiologic testing in the evaluation of male sexual problems
- Discuss the effects, risks, and benefits of testosterone replacement and medications to improve the patient's erectile and ejaculatory function
- Enhancing Clinician-Patient Communication: Becoming a Healer
- The Faith Factor: Practicing Spiritually-Sensitive Care
We can assist you with all your travel arrangements. We'd be happy to help you plan your flights, hotels or tours before and/or after your cruise conference.