14 ACPE Credits
14 CE Credits for Psychologists
14 ASWB ACE Credits
14 (part II) MOC points in medical knowledge in the American Board of Internal Medicine's (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program
14.0 Contact Hours
CLE may be available
Course Fees:$895 for Physicians, Attorneys, Psychologists, Pharmacists, & Dentists
$695 for Physician Assistants
$695 for Nurse Practitioners
$495 for Nurses, Students & Others
BIAS FREE CME - No Commercial Support was provided for this CME activity.
The purpose of this course is to permit participants to brush up on contemporary issues in and paradigms of medical ethics in a structured environment that combines theory and practice.
Specifically, the purpose of the course will be achieved by a review of traditional and contemporary ethics paradigms including newly revised professional association codes of ethics and interpretative statements, and an application of these principles to cases provided by the instructor and by cases shared by participants in the conference.
- Ethics Theories
- Analyze and categorize practice issues into understandable categories that permit analysis
- Moral Crisis
- Ascertain and manage personal issues that may lead to judgments
- Mora Suffering
- Ascertain the elements of this topic that can lead to greater communication
- Ethics Paradigms
- Apply cases to particular paradigms to improve patient care by interdisciplinary teams
- Public Policy
- Anticipate, describe and differentiate emerging political, professional and policy applications
- Case Presentations
- Analyze, describe, discuss, integrate and decisionmaking skills to improve patient care
- Social Media
- Ascertain the elements of credible social media and the influence of constituencies on medical decision-making
- Is it a Joint? Clinical Approach to a Rheumatologic Patient
- Participants will be able to asses a joint vs soft tissue complaint through indepth look at the physical exam.
- Back Pain- Is it inflammatory?
- Participants will be able to diagnose inflammatory back pain vs mechanical pain.
- Participants will be confident in their diagnosis and be able to apply the management options and how to best utilize what is available.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Participants should be able to diagnose a rheumatoid patient, and manage long term health risk that are associated with the disease.
- Participants should recognize the disease, environmental effects on the patient as well as treatments used.
- Participants should discover more about osteoporosis, the patients and when and how to treat these patients.
- Monitoring of Medications
- Participants should be able to examine the risks and side effects of frequently used medicines in rheumatology.
We can assist you with all your travel arrangements. We'd be happy to help you plan your flights, hotels or tours before and/or after your cruise conference.