14 ACPE Credits
14 MOC (Part II) points in the American Board of Pediatrics' (ABP) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program
14.0 Contact Hours
1 Hour of Pharmacology for NPs
Course Fees:$895 for Physicians, Attorneys, Psychologists, Pharmacists, & Dentists
$695 for Physician Assistants
$695 for Nurse Practitioners
$495 for Nurses, Students & Others
BIAS FREE CME - No Commercial Support was provided for this CME activity.
This lecture series will focus on commonly seen Pediatric injuries that may be encountered by any provider who cares for children. Topics range from taking a sports physical to the management of common injuries experienced by children. In addition we will discuss supplements taken by many athletes and there will also be a lecture regarding marine injuries given the location of our classroom.
The purpose of our lectures during this CME conference is to present a wide range and variety of important information in the field of pediatric gastroenterology in a concise and complete format. Topics pertaining to childrens health care include the application of the current guidelines for the management and treatment of GERD and constipation in the pediatric population; a review of the recognizable signs and symptoms of celiac disease and inflammatory bowel disease in children; a discussion of the literature and indications for probiotic use in pediatrics; and an overview of the approach to evaluating children and adolescents with elevated liver enzymes and with eating disorders.
Our goal during this CME conference is to present the latest and most up-to-date information possible to health care providers in a highly engaging, entertaining, and interactive manner to promote high quality health care team performance and outcomes. Topics:
- What's new with Pediatric Concussion?
- Upon completion of this course learners should be able to discuss the newest advances in concussion management
- Pediatric Water Safety: Get In If You Dare
- Upon completion of this course learners should be able to discuss the dangers related to water and the current recommendations for Pediatric safety.
- Sports Supplementation From Use Through Abuse
- Upon completion of this course learners should be able to explain the current climate and negative effects of doping in sport.
- Pediatric Sports History with Cases
- Upon completion of this course learners should be perform more accurate history taking when seeing Pediatric athletes.
- Pediatric Hip Pain
- Upon completion of this course learner's should be able to describe the common Pelvic injury patterns in youth athletes.
- Pediatric Upper Extremity injuries
- Upon completion of this course learner' should be able to describe the common upper extremity injury patterns in youth athletes.
- The Athletes Foot
- Upon completion of this course learners should be able to describe the common lower extremity injury patterns in youth athletes.
- Pediatric Gastroesophageal Reflux
- Identify signs & symptoms of GERD in children.
- Celiac Disease, Gluten Intolerance & Wheat Allergy
- Identify & treat celiac disease in the pediatric population.
- Discuss the indications for probiotic therapy in children.
- Adolescent Eating Disorders
- Recognize children and adolescents at risk eating disorders
- Constipation & Infant Dyschezia
- Differentiate between neonatal constipation and infant dyschezia.
- Liver Enzyme Evaluation
- Understand & interpret the significance of elevated liver enzymes
- Pediatric Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Recognize the presenting sign & symptoms of children with inflammatory bowel disease.
We can assist you with all your travel arrangements. We'd be happy to help you plan your flights, hotels or tours before and/or after your cruise conference.