14 ACPE Credits
14 (part II) MOC points in medical knowledge in the American Board of Internal Medicine's (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program
14.0 Contact Hours
Course Fees:$895 for Physicians, Attorneys, Psychologists, Pharmacists, & Dentists
$695 for Physician Assistants
$695 for Nurse Practitioners
$495 for Nurses, Students & Others
BIAS FREE CME - No Commercial Support was provided for this CME activity.
- The impact of obesity as a chronic disease on our health care system.
- Examine the pervasiveness of obesity as a chronic disease, the propensity of interrelated co-morbidities, and the impact on health.
- Mechanisms linking excess adiposity to metabolic dysregulation.
- Describe how excess adiposity is linked to metabolic dysregulation.
- Mood disorders associated with insulin resistance and obesity.
- Assess how selected obesity-related complications, such as mood disorders, eating disorders, and sleep apnea impact management strategies.
- Current and future considerations in pharmacotherapy for obesity and overweight.
- Evaluate new recommendations in the use of current pharmacologic agents and the future development of agents for the treatment of type 2 diabetes, obesity, and overweight.
- The role that genetics plays in the obesity epidemic.
- Distinguish the relationship between genetics and environment in the etiology of obesity.
- The efficacy of bariatric surgery and the management of bariatric patients.
- Describe the efficacy of bariatric surgical procedures on the pathophysiology and management of type 2 diabetes and obesity.
- Lifestyle and behavioral strategies and interventions for the management of diabetes, obesity and overweight.
- Examine the interrelationship between physical exercise, diet, intestinal microbiome and the body immune system that underlie rational management of obesity.
We can assist you with all your travel arrangements. We'd be happy to help you plan your flights, hotels or tours before and/or after your cruise conference.