14 ACPE Credits
14 (part II) MOC points in medical knowledge in the American Board of Internal Medicine's (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program
14.0 Contact Hours
4½ Hours of Pharmacology for NPs
Course Fees:$895 for Physicians, Attorneys, Psychologists, Pharmacists, & Dentists
$695 for Physician Assistants
$495 for Nurses, Students & Others
BIAS FREE CME - No Commercial Support was provided for this CME activity.
- Bootcamp for Elevated Liver Function Tests
- Describe why fatty liver disease is becoming the number one source of cirrhosis and hepatoma in the US
- Manage the treatment of fatty liver
- Celiac Disease, or Something Else?
- State the usefulness of celiac genetic testing
- Clinical Dilemmas in GI Bleeding
- Identify the risk factors that leads to GI bleeding
- Colon Cancer Prevention 2018
- Define the best practices that lead to colon cancer prevention
- Dysphasia/Dyspepsia/GERD and the Primary Care Provider
- Describe the difference between dyspepsia and GERD
- Develop a clinical approach when PPIs fail
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome: Tools for Successful Treatment
- Select the "appropriate" workup for Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Probiotics 2018: Fulfilling the Promise
- Recognize the proven uses of Probiotics
- Health Promotion: Encouraging a Healthy Body, Mind, and Spirit
- Assess the patient's current state of physical, psychological, and spiritual health.
- Analyze the patient's current dietary and exercise practices.
- Discuss an individualized health-promotion strategy for each patient.
- Sleep Disorders: Insomnia and Excessive Daytime Somnolence
- Describe the four stages of sleep and identify sleep disorders associated with each stage of sleep.
- Discuss elements of a sleep hygiene program.
- Explain the appropriate use of stimulant medications for patients with excessive daytime somnolence.
- "Ooh, My Aching Head!": Managing Migraine, Tension-Type and Cluster Headaches
- Discuss the appropriate use of brain imaging in evaluating patients with headache.
- Describe the appropriate use of abortive and preventive medications in the treatment of migraine.
- Describe the distinguishing clinical characteristics of tension-type and cluster headaches.
- Male Sexual Disorders: Hypogonadism, Erectile, and Ejaculatory Dysfunction
- Elicit a through, non-judgmental sexual history.
- Describe appropriate laboratory and radiologic testing in the evaluation of male sexual problems.
- Discuss the effects, risks, and benefits of testosterone replacement and medications for erectile and ejaculatory dysfunction.
- Hypertension: "What Goes Up Must Come Down"
- Describe the appropriate measurement and classification of hypertension.
- Discuss the laboratory testing and imaging needed to diagnose the most common causes of secondary hypertension.
- Describe the major classes of anti-hypertensive treatment and discuss the particular type of patient likely to benefit from each class of medication.
- Enhancing Clinician-Patient Communication: Becoming a Healer
- Distinguish the technical , biomedical aspects of the clinician's role from the personal and psychosocial aspects of care.
- Describe specific attitudes and values needed to create a healing environment with patients.
- Apply techniques for establishing and maintaining rapport with patients and enhancing clinician-patient communication.
- The Faith Factor: Practicing Spiritually-Sensitive Care
- Elicit a spiritual history in an ethically-appropriate manner.
- Analyze the physiologic, psychological, social, and lifestyle effects of religious beliefs upon health outcomes.
- Describe the spectrum of possible interventions available for addressing patients" spiritual needs.
We can assist you with all your travel arrangements. We'd be happy to help you plan your flights, hotels or tours before and/or after your cruise conference.