14 ACPE Credits
14 (part II) MOC points in medical knowledge in the American Board of Internal Medicine's (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program
14.0 Contact Hours
4 Hours of Pharmacology for NPs
Course Fees:$895 for Physicians, Attorneys, Psychologists, Pharmacists, & Dentists
$695 for Physician Assistants
$695 for Nurse Practitioners
$495 for Nurses, Students & Others
BIAS FREE CME - No Commercial Support was provided for this CME activity.
The obstetrical portion of this lecture series will focus on management of pulmonary problems in pregnancy. We will review the latest recommendations for the use of imaging modalities in pregnancy, management of asthma in pregnancy, and identification and management of respiratory emergencies in pregnancy. Case presentations will facilitate the latter presentation.
- Discuss the key aspects of the epidemiology, diagnosis and treatment of COPD.
- Sleep disorders in women
- Review the most common disorders and treatments
- Obstructive sleep apnea
- Review epidemiology, diagnosis, treatment options and health consequences of untreated condition.
- Discuss definition of chronic cough.
- Review common causes and treatment approach.
- Pleural effusions
- Review the initial workup, laboratory evaluation and special situations.
- Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis
- Discuss the typical symptoms, exam findings of patients with the condition.
- Review treatment options.
- Define parasomnia
- Describe several common parasomnias and review treatment options.
- Primary Care Gynecology, Including the Well Woman Exam
- Modify current practices to align with evidence-based screening guidelines for women's health examination
- Integrate newest ASCCP guidelines into cervical cancer screening
- Abnormal Uterine Bleeding
- - Demonstrate familiarity with FIGO classification of AUB
- Determine appropriate laboratory/imaging testing needed for diagnostics
- Manage AUB with appropriate treatment (med/surgica
- Recognize common causes of primary / secondary amenorrhea
- Interpret lab results and determine the etiology
- Utilize appropriate treatment regimens for diagnosis
- Imaging in Pregnancy
- Differentiate between ionizing radiation and non-ionizing imaging modalities
- Relate absolute risks of imaging to pregnant patients
- Choose appropriate studies based on clinical scenario
- Asthma in Pregnancy
- Define the classification levels of asthma
- Interpret pulmonary capacities chart
- Determine appropriate treatments of pregnant patients based on severity
- Respiratory Emergencies in Pregnancy - Part 1
- Describe physiologic changes in cardiopulmonary function in pregnancy
- Recognize and distinguish diagnoses among life threatening respiratory emergencies in pregnancy
- Respiratory Emergencies in Pregnancy - Part 2
- Determine immediate actions needed for stabilization of a pregnant patient
- Utilize algorithms to diagnose and manage respiratory emergencies
We can assist you with all your travel arrangements. We'd be happy to help you plan your flights, hotels or tours before and/or after your cruise conference.