14 ACPE Credits
14 CE Credits for Psychologists
14 ASWB ACE Credits
14.0 Contact Hours
9½ Hours of Pharmacology for NPs
Course Fees:$895 for Physicians, Attorneys, Psychologists, Pharmacists, & Dentists
$695 for Physician Assistants
$695 for Nurse Practitioners
$495 for Nurses, Students & Others
BIAS FREE CME - No Commercial Support was provided for this CME activity.
They will understand causes of sexual pain in women, understand the importance of a team approach to treating sexual pain, and be able to knowledgeably prescribe both hormonal and non-hormonal treatments for sexual dysfunction.
- Perimenopause and Menopause: overview and mgmt of irregular bleeding, hot flashes, and other symptoms
- Describe the physiology of menopause and choose appropriate treatments for common symptoms
- Hormone therapy, the heart, and the "timing hypothesis"
- Explain the differences in cardiac response to hormone therapy in younger women versus older women
- Hormone therapy and bone health
- Understand the role of hormone therapy, among other strategies, in counseling and treating women at risk for osteoporosis and those with osteoporosis
- Female sexual dysfunction
- Improve management strategies for identifying and treating sexual dysfunction in midlife women
- Diagnosis and treatment of dyspareunia
- Utilize a stepwise approach to diagnosis of dyspareunia and initiate effective treatments
- Sexual enhancers: moisturizers, lubricants, and accessories
- Inform midlife women about approaches other than hormones to improve sexual functioning
- The Female Brain: Expression of Psychiatric Illness in Women
- Identify hormonal effects on mood and anxiety across the reproductive life cycle
- Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Disorders (PMADs)
- Summarize the etiology, diagnosis and treatment of PMADs.
- Perinatal Anxiety: Focus on PTSD and OCD.
- Diagnose and develop a treatment plan for common perinatal anxiety symptoms.
- Bipolar Disorder in Women
- Summarize key characteristics of Bipolar disorder that are unique to women.
- Devise a treatment strategy for women with Bipolar disorder.
- Managing Bipolar Disorder during Pregnancy and Postpartum
- Describe the safest and most effective options for treatment of Bipolar disorder during pregnancy and postpartum.
- DSM-5 Update on Female Sexual Dysfunction: Diagnosis and Treatment
- Diagnose sexual dysfunction in females using DSM-5 terminology.
- Develop a Biopsychosocial treatment plan for the most common female sexual dysfunction complaints.
- Evidence Based Approaches to Female Patients with Low Libido
- Describe pharmacologic and behavioral interventions for the female patient with low libido.
As a Reproductive Psychiatrist, Dr. Cirino will address how reproductive hormones affect the presentation of mood and anxiety disorders in women across their life cycle. There will be a specific focus on the pregnancy and postpartum period and treatment during pregnancy and lactation. Since Bipolar illness can be the most complicated illness to treat during in women of reproductive age, she will discuss the complexities involved and review cases to increase your comfort level in treating this population.
Dr. Cirino will also discuss how she uses medication and behavioral techniques to treat common female sexual complaints. She will review the most recent consensus clinical guidelines in the area of Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Disorders and Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder.
We can assist you with all your travel arrangements. We'd be happy to help you plan your flights, hotels or tours before and/or after your cruise conference.