21 ACPE Credits
21.0 Contact Hours
3½ Hours of Pharmacology for NPs
Course Fees:$1095 for Physicians, Attorneys, Psychologists, Pharmacists, & Dentists
$850 for Physician Assistants
$850 for Nurse Practitioners
$695 for Nurses, Students & Others
BIAS FREE CME - No Commercial Support was provided for this CME activity.
- How adults learn
- Apply Malcolm Knowles' principles of adult education to teaching and training in the healthcare setting, and apply Jon O. Neher&aposs Five Microskills of Teaching.
- Creating effective learning objectives
- Develop singular, measurable, and appropriate learning objectives for a variety of skills and content areas.
- Basics of instructional design
- Differentiate between the ADDIE and the ASSURE models for instructional design, and create an effective learner centered training module.
- Plan specific formative and summative assessments and apply to "teach back" method to basic instructions and tasks.
- Problem Identification
- Analyze a situation and define the problem in observable, measurable, and unbiased terms.
- Research methodologies
- Match basic research question 'types' to the appropriate methodology.
- Know the biological effects of UVL
- Recognize impact on skin
- Know how to block UVL
- Describe Vitamin D & sunlight interactions
- Seborrheic Dermatitis
- Differentiate among 4 red face rashes: acne rosacea, acne vulgaris, perioral dermatitis & seborrheic dermatitis
- Be able to treat effectively
- Manage recurrences.
- Acne Vulgaris
- Distinguish acne vulgaris from other red facial rashes
- know the factors causing acne vulgaris
- Direct treatment to each factor
- Recognize & manage side effects.
- Atopic Dermatitis
- Describe 5 pathogenic factors of atopic dermatitis (dryness, infection, contactants, pruritus, & allergy)
- Instruct patient & family in managing these 5 factors
- Impart knowledge of prognosis & genetics.
- Herpes Zoster
- Manage acute herpes zoster to reduce acute pain, prevent post-herpetic neuralgia, shorten the course & prevent complications
- Use the zoster vaccine effectively
- Use knowledge of epidemiology for prevention & treatment.
- Differentiate cellulitis from pseudo-cellulitis
- Assess the patient for precipitating causes
- Treat as an outpatient
- Manage causes to prevent recurrences.
- Psoriasis Vulgaris
- Be able to differentiate psoriasis, the marker disease for the papulosquamous diseases, from the others.
- Manage comorbidities of psoriasis
- Manage mild cases
- Know when to refer patients with psoriasis for speciality care.
- Burning Mouth Syndrome
- Assess the patient with symptoms of a sore, burning mouth for multiple potential causes
- Develop a plan to manage each of the causes
- Reassure the patient that the prognosis is optimistic.
- Geographic Tongue
- Describe the lesions of geographic tongue
- Reassure the patient that the lesions do not represent a marker of disease
- Reassure the patient that the lesions resolve spontaneously.
Modules for Essential Non-Clinical Skills for Healthcare Providers (content under development)
- Basics of Patient Education and Training
- Basics of Research Design and Problem Solving
- Skills for Team Based Healthcare Delivery
We can assist you with all your travel arrangements. We'd be happy to help you plan your flights, hotels or tours before and/or after your cruise conference.