16 ACPE Credits
16.0 Contact Hours
Course Fees:$995 for Physicians, Attorneys, Psychologists, Pharmacists, & Dentists
$750 for Physician Assistants
$750 for Nurse Practitioners
$595 for Nurses, Students & Others
BIAS FREE CME - No Commercial Support was provided for this CME activity.
Common skin conditions will be reviewed with this approach in mind including, acne, warts, psoriasis, benign and malignant tumors, drug eruptions, basic and advanced dermatologic procedures and mission dermatology in underdeveloped countries. These lectures will be supplemented with interactive, Socratic discussions of common dermatologic conditions and "Ask the Professor" discussions involving clinical material brought to the sessions by attendees on a USB drive.
Attendees will leave this meeting energized to identify dermatologic problems, efficiently diagnose these conditions and effectively treat them.
- Approach to Dermatologic Diagnosis
- Apply approaches to dermatologic diagnosis to your practice
- Basic Dermatologic Procedures including Tips and Tricks
- Perform common simple dermatologic procedures
- Incorporate tips and tricks to make procedures as quick, efficient, effective, and reproducible as possible
- Eczemas Diagnostic aid of Patch testing
- Differentiate the different dermatitides and employ patch testing where indicated.
- Utilize techniques to reduce cognitive errors in making diagnoses
- Technical and Cognitive Errors and their Prevention in Dermatology
- Describe the types of cognitive errors which are common in dermatology
- Develop strategies to reduce diagnostic errors.
- The Many Faces of Acne and its Treatment
- Identify acne in its protean forms
- Treat acne using a strategy based on pathophysiology
- Interactive Session 1: Test Your Diagnostic Skills
- Synthesize a proper differential diagnosis-what do we do?
- Interactive Session 2: Test Your Treatment Skills
- Identify then manage different treatment modalities of dermatologic disease-what can you do?
- Ask the Professor
- Make diagnoses and treatment decisions on your own patients, then we will assess your choices!
- The Diagnosis and Treatment of Warts
- Identify diagnostic clues that suggest viral wart
- Determine best treatment option from available approaches amenable to primary care offices
- Superficial Fungal infections and the KOH Prep
- Determine when to perform a KOH Preparation
- Utilize a step-by-step method to perform the optimal KOH preparation
- Distinguishing scabies from other pruritic conditions
- Determine when to perform a Scabies Preparation
- Utilize a step-by-step method to perform the optimal Scabies preparation
- Moles: Benign vs Malignant
- Distinguish benign vs malignant pigmented skin lesions
- Non-Melanoma skin cancer: Diagnosis and Treatment
- Distinguish benign vs malignant non-pigmented skin lesions
- Mississippi Nigeria Education and Mentoring Exchange (MNEME) Enugu, Nigeria
- Recognize the amazing educational, research and teaching opportunities available in the underdeveloped world
- Advanced Dermatologic Procedures
- Manage patients with appropriate referral for more complex procedures
- Herpes Infections
- Recognize the pretean manifectations of Herpes simplex and Herpes zoster (chickenpox and Shingles)
- Implement preventive, suppressive and intermittent treatment strategies for these conditions.