14 ACPE Credits
14 CE Credits for Psychologists
14 ASWB ACE Credits
14.0 Contact Hours
6 Hours of Pharmacology for NPs
COURSE FEES$895 for Physicians, Attorneys, Psychologists, Pharmacists, & Dentists
$695 for Physician Assistants
$695 for Nurse Practitioners
$495 for Nurses, Students & Others
- Introduction to Sex and Gender Based Medicine- what it is and why you should care
- Heart Broken- understanding sex and gender differences in heart disease
- Rats, sex and sleeping pills- the influence of biological sex and gender in pharmacology
- Sex and Gender Jeopardy- a sample of how sex and gender impact our health
- Speak Up/ Shut Up- How to optimize communication in a high stress environment
- Bridging the silence- starting a conversation about end of life care
- Resliency 101- deliberate habits to survive and thrive in medicine
- Resilency 101 ? deliberate habits to survive and thrive in medicine
- Identify opportunities to increase resiliency and personal wellness to prevent personal burnout
- Bridging the Silence ? real conversations about end of life care
- Create a framework that utilizes key phrases to talk to patients about end of life goals of care
- Shutting up/speaking up
- Identify potential blindspots in one's own communication patterns Identify techniques and language to use with colleagues during questions or disagreements over patient care
- Heartbroken- sex and gender differences in heart disease
- Describe biological sex and gender based differences in heart disease
- Sex and Gender Medicine- What it is and why you should care
- Differentiate between the terms biological sex and gender and describe how both can impact patient care
- Rats, sex and sleeping pills- the infliuence of biological sex and gender on pharmacology
- Describe how drugs can have different pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics in men and women
- Sex and Gender Jeopardy
- Identify ways in which our biological sex and gender impact our wellness and diseased states
- Physician as Advocate, Finding Purpose
- Identify techniques for engaging in purpose to confront and overcome burnout in medical practice.
- Current Issues in Health Policy
- Identify and explore current issues confronting the national health policy that consumes 17% of our GDP but is often poorly understood by physicians.
- High Risk Activities You Do By Taking the Easy Road
- Identify and confront medical decisions that are easy to make, but harmful to patients.
- How to Go to Jail: Criminal Liability in Medicine
- Describe recent legal cases and challenges surrounding the practice of medicine that have resulted in criminal instead of just civil penalties.
- The Opiate Epidemic: Risk For All
- Describe and explore the opioid epidemic, methods for confronting the disease, and providing resources.
- Ethical Issues in Error Disclosure
- Identify the risks and benefits of error disclosure and discuss personal experiences with confronting and disclosing errors to patients.
- Behavioral Health Emergencies and Risk
- Analyze the growing behavioral health challenges, court cases, and psychosocial challenges that confront providers in their care of patients.
Advocacy, Risk Management, and Wellness in Emergency Medicine
Conference Sessions generally take place on days at sea (as itinerary allows), giving you plenty of time to enjoy your meals, evenings and ports of call with your companion, family and friends.