14 ACPE Credits
14 CE Credits for Psychologists
14 ASWB ACE Credits
14 MOC (Part II) points in the American Board of Pediatrics' (ABP) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program
14.0 Contact Hours
4 Hours of Pharmacology for NPs
Course Fees:$895 for Physicians, Attorneys, Psychologists, Pharmacists, & Dentists
$695 for Physician Assistants
$695 for Nurse Practitioners
$495 for Nurses, Students & Others
BIAS FREE CME - No Commercial Support was provided for this CME activity.
Children with developmental disabilities represent a diverse population with a variety of causes, a variety of conditions and a wide range of developmental, behavioral, and medical manifestations.
The care of children with developmental disabilities, therefore, requires an appreciation of the complexities of diagnosis, and management involving medical care, promotion of optimal development and education, and attention to social, emotional, environmental and economic factors that influence the children, the family and the community.
This series of lectures will provide for the audience a framework for understanding the complex set of conditions characterized as developmental disabilities. In addition, there will be an orientation to the genetic and environmental factors that result in developmental disabilities and we will offer strategies for addressing these challenges to promote optimal health and well being for the children.
- Introduction to Developmental Disabilities
- Orientation to the Course - understand the context of developmental disabilities in children
- Prematurity and its Consequences
- Premature infants are vulnerable to CNS insults which result in developmental disabilities - need to appreciate the improved knowledge
- Cerebral Palsy
- Cerebral palsy is the prototype of a motor disability - need to understand the complexities in presentation and management
- Medical Care for Children and Adults with Developmental Disabilities
- Children who have developmental disabilities are more likely to have associated medical problems and we need to be aware of them, in order to to identify and treat them
- Environmental Influences on Fetal Growth and Development
- Prenatal factors - important to appreciate the vulnerability of the fetus to prenatal influences and exposures
- Children's Environmental Health
- Children are uniquely vulnerable to environmental factors - need to appreciate and understand both positive and negative
- Environmental Health Disparities
- Children who grow up in circumstances of social and economic disadvantage - these children are more vulnerable
We can assist you with all your travel arrangements. We'd be happy to help you plan your flights, hotels or tours before and/or after your cruise conference.