14 MOC (Part II) points in the American Board of Pediatrics' (ABP) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program
14 Contact Hours
4 Hours of Pharmacology for NPs
Course Fees:$895 for Physicians, Attorneys, Psychologists, Doctors of Pharmacy, & Dentists
$695 for Physician Assistants
$695 for Nurse Practitioners
$495 for Nurses, Residents, Students & Others
BIAS FREE CME - No Commercial Support was provided for this CME activity.
- Exercised induced asthma and vocal cord dysfunction in the approach to athletes with shortness of breath or chronic fatigue
- Describe the differential diagnosis of shortness of breath in athletes vs. chronic fatigue.
- The pre-participation sports physical: Making it a worthwhile exercise for parents, athletes and medical personnel.
- Explain the appropriate work-up of infections mono and safe return to play.
- Hand, finger, wrist injuries in athletes. (includes splinting vs. surgical approach)
- Describe the differences in "jammed finger" injuries from volar plate injury (ligament tear), mallet finger, Jersey finger and fracture.
- Initial evaluation and management of sports concussions.
- Ensure that the participant is aware of the factors that predispose athletes to prolonged recovery from sports concussion.
- A systematic approach to assessment of sports shoulders injuries.
- Ensure that participants will be able to differentiate and manage dislocated shoulder vs. separated shoulder.
- Spine injuries in athletes: differentiating the workup and management in young athletes adults.
- Upon completion of this session a participant should be able to determine the appropriate use of x-rays, MRI, bone scan and CTs.
- Stress fractures in athletes: Identifying low risk vs. high risk fractures
- Describe the hallmark presentation of Jones fracture, tarsal navicular and proximal/anterior tibial stress fractures and femoral neck and be aware of the implications of missing them.
- Treatment of Respiratory Tract Infections in Adults and Children
- Develop treatment strategies for Otitis media, sinusitis and pneumonia
- Immunization Update: Adults
- Develop strategies for implementing new vaccines such as the new shingles vaccine into schedules
- Immunization Update: Pediatrics
- Develop strategies for addressing vaccine hesitancy
- Avoiding Common Diagnostic Pitfalls
- Spot situations can can often lead to diagnostic errors
- Using New Diagnostic Modalities
- Consider how new tests can be cost effectively added to patients they treat
- Animal Bites and Related Syndromes
- Identify common pathogens and treatment guidelines
- Approach to the Patient With Lymphadenopathy
- identify common etiologies incuding EBV, cat scratch and Mycobacteria
We can assist you with all your travel arrangements. We'd be happy to help you plan your flights, hotels or tours before and/or after your cruise conference.