Course Fees:$695 for Nurse Practitioners
$495 for Nurses, Students & Others
BIAS FREE CME - No Commercial Support was provided for this CME activity.
General presentations will address self-care, mindfulness, customer service, appreciation and gratitude.
Palliative topics are designed to help learners improve their ability to have meaningful discussions with patients, families and colleagues when patients are at the end of life. Team outcomes and healthcare team performance will be addressed through lectures considering incivility, bullying and selfcare.
Other topics will address family medicine topics and clinical pharmacology.
- Self-care: Taking Care of Yourself
- Define principals necessary for healthcare providers to take care of themselves.
- Express how each person must care for themselves before they can truly care for others.
- Communicate with patients, families, communities, and professionals in health and other fields in a responsive and responsible manner that supports a team approach to the promotion and maintenance of health and the prevention and treatment of disease.
- Palliative care: Tips for making Each Conversation the Best
- Define and Describe important principles of palliative care.
- Manage difficult conversations with patients and families at end of life.
- Identify their own areas of discomfort when addressing dying patients
- Dying Gracefully
- Describe important factors to be addressed when patients are critically ill and dying
- Define key factors which help patients die with dignity
- Prepare themselves, colleagues, patients and families for making sure that the dying experience a good death.
- So I want to do Mission Work: Preparing to do Mission Work (Travel medicine)
- Discover the knowledge of ones own role and those of other professions to appropriately assess and address the health care needs of patients and to promote and advance the health of populations.
- Describe key principals of mission work.
- Discover risks inherent in mission work and know how to address them.
- Incivility and Bullying in Nursing
- Work with individuals of other professions to maintain a climate of mutual respect and shared values.
- Define and describe what incivility looks like.
- Mindfulness and Listening
- Apply relationship-building values and the principles of team dynamics to perform effectively in different team roles.
- Assess mindfulness and how this relates to excellence in outcomes.
- Recognize how to be a better listener to improve communication and teamwork.
- Customer Service or patient Experience: Are They the Same Thing?
- Evaluate the relationships with patients and their families directly relate to clinical outcomes.
- Demonstrate skills that result in effective communication and teaming with patients, their families and professional associates, such as fostering a therapeutic relationship that is ethically sound; using effective listening skills with non-verbal and verbal communication; working as both a team member and at times as a leader.
We can assist you with all your travel arrangements. We'd be happy to help you plan your flights, hotels or tours before and/or after your cruise conference.