14 ACPE Credits
14 (part II) MOC points in medical knowledge in the American Board of Internal Medicine's (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program
14.0 Contact Hours
9 Hours of Pharmacology for NPs
Course Fees:$895 for Physicians, Attorneys, Psychologists, Pharmacists, & Dentists
$695 for Physician Assistants
$695 for Nurse Practitioners
$495 for Nurses, Students & Others
BIAS FREE CME - No Commercial Support was provided for this CME activity.
Review impact of biomarkers such as lipoprotein (a), homocystine and inflammation markers on cardiovascular disease treatment. Discuss impact of epidemic of obesity and treatment approach to work up and management of patients impacted by obesity and its comorbities.
- Preventative Medicine From A to Z
- Discuss state-of-the-art cardiovascular and global preventative medicine principles
- Reaching the 2018 Blood Pressure Goals-A Focus on Isolated Systolic and Resistant Hypertension
- Differentiate methods to diagnose resistant hypertension and achieve treatment goals
- The Impact of Recent Clinical Trials on Preventative Cardiology in the Office-Let's Make the Cardiologist as Lonely as the Maytag Repairman
- Appropriately apply primary and secondary cardiovascular prevention goals
- Travel Medicine-Staying Well Away From Home
- Analyze a patient's requirements for prevention and treatment of travel-related health problems
- The Bipolar Blues, Balls of Fire, and Bad Temperament-How to Bag the diagnosis and Benefit the Patient
- Feel more confident in differentiating between unipolar and bipolar mood disorders
- The Utility of Heart Scans for Detecting Subclinical CHD and the Primary Prevention of Coronary Heart Disease
- Utilize coronary artery calcium scores to design appropriate primary CHD Prevention Strategies
- Defeating Dementia-What Can WE Do?
- Explain diagnostic, treatment, and prevention strategies for Alzheimer's disease and vascular dementia
- New Diabetes Medications that Improve Cardiovascular Outcomes
- Review cardiovascular outcomes data for currently available diabetes medications including review of new classes of agents, GLP-1 agonists, SGT2 inhibitors, QR bromocriptine
- Obesity from the Perspective of a Lipidologist: Root Cause Analysis
- Identify medical factors, medications, insulin resistance as secondary causes of obesity and how to work up, address and treat these conditions
- Discuss how diet, genomics, microbiome and environmental factors influence the treatment of obese patients.
- Lipoprotein (a), Homocysteine, Hypercoagulation and CV risk
- Review lp (a), homocystine, MTHFR as risk factors for cardiovascular disease.
- Discuss how to interpret and treat these biomarkers.
- Heart Disease in Women: Putting Prevention into Practice
- Review cardiometabolic risk in women, use of advanced biomarkers and clinical application.
- Complex lipid management: case study review
- Develop practical approach to using advanced lipid testing as well as treatment approach to reduce residual risks in patients with high risk for events.
- Biomarkers: Role of Apo B, LDL-P vs LDL -C in primary and secondary prevention cardiovascular disease, also inflammation
- Review outcomes data for Apo B LDL P and cost effective approach to treatment using advanced testing.
- Learn concept of discordance of LDL C vs LDL P or ApoB
We can assist you with all your travel arrangements. We'd be happy to help you plan your flights, hotels or tours before and/or after your cruise conference.