14 ACPE Credits
14.0 Contact Hours
Course Fees:$895 for Physicians, Attorneys, Psychologists, Pharmacists, & Dentists
$695 for Physician Assistants
$695 for Nurse Practitioners
$495 for Nurses, Students & Others
BIAS FREE CME - No Commercial Support was provided for this CME activity.
The course materials have been updated and improved based on current literature and student input yearly for 20 years. This 7 hour course in Dermatology will prepare the clinician to recognize the morphology of skin lesions and utilize diagnostic studies and techniques to place the lesions in the proper disease category. The clinician will utilize the differential diagnosis to obtain the correct diagnosis. Practice gaps on knowledge about and effective treatment for the skin diseases are emphasized. Current references are cited.
Upon completion of the course the clinician will be prepared to make a correct diagnosis and to apply an evidence-based, cost effective treatment regimen. Guidelines, information for patient education materials, and websites for patients and caregivers are provided. The myths and truths about care of the skin, hair and nails are addressed with the goal of providing accurate information for both the clinician, health care team members and patients.
- Know the biological effects of UVL
- Recognize impact on skin
- Know how to block UVL
- Describe Vitamin D & sunlight interactions
- Seborrheic Dermatitis
- Differentiate among 4 red face rashes: acne rosacea, acne vulgaris, perioral dermatitis & seborrheic dermatitis
- Be able to treat effectively
- Manage recurrences
- Acne Vulgaris
- Distinguish acne vulgaris from other red facial rashes
- Know the factors causing acne vulgaris
- Direct treatment to each factor
- Recognize & manage side effects
- Atopic Dermatitis
- Describe 5 pathogenic factors of atopic dermatitis (dryness, infection, contactants, pruritus, & allergy)
- Instruct patient & family in managing these 5 factors
- Impart knowledge of prognosis & genetics
- Herpes Zoster
- Manage acute herpes zoster to reduce acute pain, prevent post-herpetic neuralgia, shorten the course & prevent complications
- Use the zoster vaccine effectively
- Use knowledge of epidemiology for prevention & treatment
- Differentiate cellulitis from pseudo-cellulitis; assess the patient for precipitating causes
- Treat as an outpatient
- Manage causes to prevent recurrences
- Psoriasis Vulgaris
- Be able to differentiate psoriasis, the marker disease for the papulosquamous diseases, from the others
- Manage comorbidities of psoriasis
- Manage mild cases; know when to refer patients with psoriasis for speciality care.
We can assist you with all your travel arrangements. We'd be happy to help you plan your flights, hotels or tours before and/or after your cruise conference.