21 ACPE Credits
21 CE Credits for Psychologists
21 ASWB ACE Credits
21.0 Contact Hours
Course Fees:$1095 for Physicians, Attorneys, Psychologists, Pharmacists, & Dentists
$850 for Physician Assistants
$850 for Nurse Practitioners
$695 for Nurses, Students & Others
BIAS FREE CME - No Commercial Support was provided for this CME activity.
Depression, anxiety and substance abuse represent the 3 most prevalent presenting problems in mental health. Psychological approaches will be elaborated with the aim not only at increasing clinical understanding and treatment but also to provide a forum for clinical discussion, exchange and mutual learning experiences. The desired outcome is for participants to feel confident, competent and helpful to patients with mental health issues.
- Substance Use Disorder - a review of up-to date, standardized and precise measuring tools for identifying SUD and the patient's readiness for treatment.
- Better strategies for identification and assessment of Dual diagnosis (patients with mental health issues and SUD's).
- Consequences and prevention of substance abuse and addiction.
- Psychosocial treatment for substance use disorders; Readiness for substance use treatment; Stages of Change Model and Motivational Interviewing.
- Managing patients with dual diagnosis (patients with mental health issues and substance use disorders).
- Clinical presentation, diagnosis, assessment and psychological l treatment of anxiety disorders.
- Clinical presentation, diagnosis, assessment and psychological treatment of major depressive disorder.
- Clinical presentation, diagnosis, assessment and psychological treatment of Borderline Personality disorder.
- Communication Skills update
- Describe three new communication tools used when interviewing patients
- Advanced communication skills
- Apply three tools used for specific communication issues
- Breaking Bad News
- Demonstrate a six step communication tool used to discuss bad news
- Motivational Interviewing
- Demonstrate communication techniques used in motivational interviewing
- End of Life and Advanced Care Planning
- Describe the differences in EOL & ACP and explain them to patients and families
- Leadership and Team communication
- Identify six leadership styles
- Substitute techniques to improve communication with colleagues and staff
- Human Trafficking
- Identify signs of HT
- Apply communication tools to enhance victim disclosure
- Navigating Difficult conversations
- Manage conversations when they become uncomfortable or difficult to oneself or others
- Physicians in primary care need up-to date, standardized and precise measuring tools for identifying SUD and their readiness for treatment
- To assess levels of substance use in primary care.
- In the last 20 years physicians seek better strategies of managing Dual diagnosis (patients with mental health issues and SUD's)
- How to manage Dual Diagnosis.
- Patient readiness for SUD treatment (or change) is often difficult to assess but is a very important variable in a successful outcome
- Understand the conditions that facilitate change in addictive behavior? Explain the stages of change model for primary care interventions.
- Depression types and treatment
- To use the most suitable cognitive behavioral approaches to treatment of depression.
- Anxiety Types and treatment
- To use most suitable cognitive behavioral approaches to treatment of anxiety
- Borderline Personality Disorder and Dialectical Behavior Treatment
- To understand and use the Dialectical Behavioral Approach
We can assist you with all your travel arrangements. We'd be happy to help you plan your flights, hotels or tours before and/or after your cruise conference.