14 ACPE Credits
14 (part II) MOC points in medical knowledge in the American Board of Internal Medicine's (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program
14.0 Contact Hours
5 Hours of Pharmacology for NPs
Course Fees:$895 for Physicians, Attorneys, Psychologists, Pharmacists, & Dentists
$695 for Physician Assistants
$695 for Nurse Practitioners
$495 for Nurses, Students & Others
BIAS FREE CME - No Commercial Support was provided for this CME activity.
- Celiac disease
- Identify risk factors, symptoms, signs, tests, treatment for celiac disease
- C. difficile colitis
- Define risk factors, symptoms, signs, tests, treatment for C. difficile colitis
- Eosinophilic esophagitis
- Describe risk factors, symptoms, signs, tests, treatment for eosinophilic esophagitis
- Fulminant hepatic failure
- Cite risk factors, symptoms, signs, tests, treatment for fulminant hepatic failure
- Update, chronic hepatitis C
- Identify risk factors, symptoms, signs, tests, treatment for chronic hepatitis C
- Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease
- Define risk factors, symptoms, signs, tests, treatment for non-alcoholic fatty liver disease
- Cirrhosis and complications
- Identify risk factors, symptoms, signs, tests, treatment for cirrhosis and complications
- Health Promotion: Encouraging a Healthy Body, Mind, and Spirit
- Assess the patient's current state of physical, psychological, and spiritual health
- Analyze the patient's current dietary and exercise practices
- Discuss an individualized health-promotion strategy for the patient.
- "Oh, My Aching Head": Managing Migraine, Tension, and Cluster Headaches
- Explain the classification of headaches
- Discuss the appropriate use of brain imaging in evaluating patients with headache
- Describe the appropriate use of abortive and preventive medications in the treatment of migraine.
- "What Goes Up Must Come Down!": Diagnosis and Management of Hypertension
- Describe the appropriate measurement and classification of hypertension
- Discuss the laboratory testing and imaging needed to diagnose common causes of secondary hypertension
- Describe the major classes of anti-hypertensive treatment and discuss the type of patient most likely to benefit from each class.
- "Get Me Out of Here!": Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia in the Primary Care Setting
- Elicit and assess symptoms of panic disorder and agoraphobia
- Apply appropriate lifestyle modification and stress management skills, including muscle relaxation, breathing control, thought-stopping, and cognitive restructuring
- Recognize and manage side effects of anxiolytics.
- Male Sexual Disorders: Treatment of Hypogonadism, Erectile, and Ejaculatory Dysfunction
- Elicit a thorough, non-judgmental sexual history
- Describe appropriate laboratory and radiologic testing in the evaluation of male sexual problems
- Discuss the effects, risks, and benefits of testosterone replacement and medications to improve the patient's erectile and ejaculatory function.
- Enhancing Clinician - Patient Communication: Becoming a Healer
- Distinguish the technical, biomedical aspects of clinicians role from the personal and psychosocial aspects of care
- Describe specific attitudes and values needed to create a healing environment
- Apply techniques for establishing and maintaining rapport with patients.
- The Faith Factor: Practicing Spiritually - Sensitive Care
- Elicit a spiritual history in an ethically-appropriate manner
- Analyze the physiologic, psychological, social, and lifestyle effects of religious beliefs upon health outcomes
- Describe the spectrum of possible interventions available for addressing patients' spiritual needs.
We can assist you with all your travel arrangements. We'd be happy to help you plan your flights, hotels or tours before and/or after your cruise conference.