COURSE CREDITS & HOURS16 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
16 ACPE Credits
16.0 Contact Hours
COURSE FEES$995 for Physicians, Attorneys, Psychologists, Pharmacists, & Dentists
$750 for Physician Assistants & Nurse Practitioners
$595 for Nurses, Students & Others
After completing the course, participants will be familiar with typical and atypical presentations of menopause, risks and benefits of hormone therapy in various settings, and both hormonal and non-hormonal treatments for common menopausal symptoms. They will understand causes of sexual pain in women, understand the importance of a team approach to treating sexual pain, and be able to knowledgeably prescribe both hormonal and non-hormonal treatments for sexual dysfunction.
This educational activity will address how reproductive hormones affect the presentation of mood and anxiety disorders in women across their life cycle. There will be a specific focus on the pregnancy and postpartum period and treatment during pregnancy and lactation. Since Bipolar illness can be the most complicated illness to treat during in women of reproductive age, the complexities involved and review cases to increase your comfort level in treating this population will be discussed. The use of medication and behavioral techniques to treat common female sexual complaints will be addressed. The most recent consensus clinical guidelines in the area of Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Disorders and Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder will be reviewed.Topics:
- Depression Across the Female Reproductive Cycle 1: Focus on PMDD, PME and Menopause
- Identify the hormonal effect on depression in the non pregnant female
- Depression Across the Female Reproductive Cycle 2: Focus on Perinatal Depression
- Recognize unique features to consider in the diagnosis and treatment of perinatal depression .
- Beyond Postpartum Depression: Diagnosis and Treatment of Perinatal Anxiety Disorders
- Define various mood and anxiety disorders that can present in the perinatal period.
- Bipolar Disorder in Women: Meeting the Challenge 1: Managing Bipolar Disorder in the non-pregnant female patient
- Improve evidence based management of Bipolar disorder in women.
- Bipolar Disorder in Women 2: Meeting the Challenge 2: Managing Bipolar Disorder during Pregnancy and Postpartum
- Describe options for treatment of Bipolar disorder during pregnant and postpartum.
- DSM-5 Update on Female Sexual Dysfunction: Diagnosis and Treatment
- Diagnose sexual dysfunction in females using DSM-5 terminology.
- Evidence Based Approaches to Female Patients with Low Libido
- Describe medical and behavioral interventions for the female patient with low libido.
- Perimenopause and Menopause: overview and management of irregular bleeding, hot flashes, and other symptoms
- Describe the physiology of menopause and choose appropriate treatments for common symptoms
- Hormone therapy, the heart, and the "timing hypothesis"
- Explain the differences in cardiac response to hormone therapy in younger women versus older women
- Hormone therapy and bone health
- Understand the role of hormone therapy, among other strategies, in counseling and treating women at risk for osteoporosis and those with osteoporosis
- Female sexual dysfunction: "I don't want it but I wish I wanted it"
- Improve management strategies for identifying and treating sexual dysfunction in midlife women
- When Sex Hurts: diagnosis and treatment of dyspareunia
- Utilize a stepwise approach to diagnosis of dyspareunia and initiate effective treatments
- Sexual Enhancers, Moisturizers, Lubricants, and Accessories
- Inform midlife women about approaches other than hormones to improve sexual functioning
- Introduction to Trauma Informed Obstetric Care
- Challenging Cases: Menopause and Sexual Medicine/li>
Conference Sessions generally take place on days at sea (as itinerary allows), giving you plenty of time to enjoy your meals, evenings and ports of call with your companion, family and friends.