12 ACPE Credits
12.0 Contact Hours
8 Hours of Pharmacology for NPs
COURSE FEES$895 for Physicians, Attorneys, Psychologists, Pharmacists, & Dentists
$695 for Physician Assistants
$695 for Nurse Practitioners
$495 for Nurses, Students & Others
Included will be a discussion of issues of vaccine hesitancy, anti-vaxers, and strategies to increase vaccine uptake (especially in light of the increase cases of measles in 2019).
Trauma is a leading cause of death and disability in the United States, and a systematic, evidence based, team approach can save lives, decrease disability and improve outcomes. In addition an evidnece based approach will lead to better utilization of resources and cost savings. In addition I will also provide up to date information on the Treatment of neurological emergencies, that will help with team managment of the stroke or suspected stroke patient, including how to take care of these patients in a system that may or may not be a designated stroke center.
The patient with the red eye can have minor or serious pathology, a quick approach to making the correct diagnosis will be discussed. Finally, abdominal pain can be a spectrum of disease processes, this lecture will help the clinician quickly narrow the diagnosis and chose the right imaging options.
- A Novel Approach to the Red Eye
- Quickly identify and treat the common causes of the red eye
- Decision making rules in Trauma
- Utilize simple decision making rules to more efficiently treat the injured patient
- Updates in the evaluation of neurologic emergencies
- Develop a strategy for the approach to the patient with a new neurological complaint
- Visual Perles in Trauma
- Use visual perles to explore difficult diagnoses
- Evaluating the patient with abdominal pain
- Learn an objective approach to the patient with abdominal pain
- Heroic procedures in the ED
- Utilize up to date techniques for the perfomance of difficult procedures
- Update Adult Immunization
- List New recommendations by CDC for adult immunizations.
- List barriers to vaccine uptake
- Antimicrobial Stewardship
- List benefits of Stewardship
- List interventions to improve antibiotic use
- New developments in management of respiratory tract infections (RTIs)
- List common pathogens of RTIS
- List appropriate diagnostic studies and treatment of RTIs
- Update Sexually transmitted Infections (STIs)
- List diagnosis and treatment for common STIs
- Infectious Associated with Opioid Use
- List infections associated with opioid use
- Emerging Infections
- Define and list recent emerging infections; Know how to manage a patient with Zika; List criteria for pandemics
- Infectious Disease Pearls and Case Discussions
- Understand nuances of treating various infectious disease cases
Conference Sessions generally take place on days at sea (as itinerary allows), giving you plenty of time to enjoy your meals, evenings and ports of call with your companion, family and friends.