14 ACPE Credits
14 CE Credits for Psychologists
14 ASWB ACE Credits
14.0 Contact Hours
7 Hours of Pharmacology for NPs
Course Fees:$895 for Physicians, Attorneys, Psychologists, Pharmacists, & Dentists
$695 for Physician Assistants
$695 for Nurse Practitioners
$495 for Nurses, Students & Others
BIAS FREE CME - No Commercial Support was provided for this CME activity.
- Physicians in primary care need up-to date, standardized and precise measuring tools for identifying SUD and their readiness for treatment
- Assess levels of substance use in primary care
- In the last 20 years physicians seek better strategies of managing Dual diagnosis (patients with mental health issues and SUD's)
- How to manage Dual Diagnosis.
- Patient readiness for SUD treatment (or change) is often difficult to assess but is a very important variable in a successful outcome
- Understand the conditions that facilitate change in addictive behavior
- Explain the stages of change model for primary care interventions
- Depression types and treatment
- Use the most suitable cognitive behavioral approaches to treament of depression
- Anxiety Types and treatment
- Use most suitable cognitive behavioral approaches to treament of anxiety
- Pharmacology of Anxiety
- Most anxiety disorders are amenable to psychotherapy only.
- Clinically evidence based studies used to discuss those pharmacological agents considered useful.
- Pharmacology of Depression
- With the increasing number of agents used for depression, a review of the clinically based evidence is presented using case studies.
- The underlying pharmacological differences between the various agents
available are discussed along with their practical use in certain sub-populations of patients.
- A series of case presentations allows participants to engage in an active learning experience.
- Narcotics prescribing
- Addresses the new 2017 Canadian guidelines and 2016 USA guidelines on narcotics prescribing.
- Many prescribers are still not familiar with these guidelines
which were developed in response to the national epidemic of opioid addiction/ increasing deaths related to opioids in Canada and the USA.
- Suboxone prescribing
- Step by step approach to suboxone prescribing for primary health care professionals.
- Provides primary care workers for additional therapeutic tools in the treatment of addictions.
- Case studies to be worked by the attending participants in a group. Individual cases by participants also encouraged.
We can assist you with all your travel arrangements. We'd be happy to help you plan your flights, hotels or tours before and/or after your cruise conference.