COURSE CREDITS & HOURS14 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
14 ACPE Credits
14 CE Credits for Psychologists
14 ASWB ACE Credits
14.0 Contact Hours
7 Hours of Pharmacology for NPs
- Physicians in primary care need up-to date, standardized and precise measuring tools for identifying SUD and their readiness for treatment
- Assess levels of substance use in primary care
- In the last 20 years physicians seek better strategies of managing Dual diagnosis (patients with mental health issues and SUD's)
- How to manage Dual Diagnosis.
- Patient readiness for SUD treatment (or change) is often difficult to assess but is a very important variable in a successful outcome
- Understand the conditions that facilitate change in addictive behavior
- Explain the stages of change model for primary care interventions
- Depression types and treatment
- Use the most suitable cognitive behavioral approaches to treament of depression
- Anxiety Types and treatment
- Use most suitable cognitive behavioral approaches to treament of anxiety
- Pharmacology of Anxiety
- Most anxiety disorders are amenable to psychotherapy only.
- Clinically evidence based studies used to discuss those pharmacological agents considered useful.
- Pharmacology of Depression
- With the increasing number of agents used for depression, a review of the clinically based evidence is presented using case studies.
- The underlying pharmacological differences between the various agents
available are discussed along with their practical use in certain sub-populations of patients.
- A series of case presentations allows participants to engage in an active learning experience.
- Narcotics prescribing
- Addresses the new 2017 Canadian guidelines and 2016 USA guidelines on narcotics prescribing.
- Many prescribers are still not familiar with these guidelines
which were developed in response to the national epidemic of opioid addiction/ increasing deaths related to opioids in Canada and the USA.
- Suboxone prescribing
- Step by step approach to suboxone prescribing for primary health care professionals.
- Provides primary care workers for additional therapeutic tools in the treatment of addictions.
- Case studies to be worked by the attending participants in a group. Individual cases by participants also encouraged.
Conference Sessions generally take place on days at sea (as itinerary allows), giving you plenty of time to enjoy your meals, evenings and ports of call with your companion, family and friends.