13 ACPE Credits
13 ADA CERP Credits
13.0 Contact Hours
COURSE FEES$895 for Physicians, Attorneys, Psychologists, Pharmacists, & Dentists
$695 for Physician Assistants
$695 for Nurse Practitioners
$495 for Nurses, Students & Others
Lectures will center around making a wide range of differential diagnoses to comfortably assess the proper approach to the particular problem. This will include basic bedside procedures such as the KOH Exam, Scabies Ink Prep, and Scabies Scraping for Microscopic Exam as well as surgical procedures that include Destruction, Biopsy and or Excision Techniques.
Common skin conditions will be reviewed with this approach in mind including, acne, warts, psoriasis, benign and malignant tumors, drug eruptions, basic and advanced dermatologic procedures and mission dermatology in underdeveloped countries. These lectures will be supplemented with interactive, Socratic discussions of common dermatologic conditions and "Interactive/Ask the Professor" discussions involving clinical material brought to the sessions by attendees on a USB drive.
Attendees will leave this meeting energized to identify dermatologic problems, efficiently diagnose these conditions and effectively treat them.
- Benign versus Malignant-Non-Melanoma Skin lesions
- Distinguish benign vs malignant non-pigmented skin lesions
- Benign vesus Malignant-Nevi and Melanoma
- Distinguish benign vs malignant pigmented skin lesions
- Advanced Dermatologic Surgery
- Manage patients with appropriate referral for more complex procedures
- Papulaosquamous Dermatoses or why and when do we do the KOH exam
- Determine when to perform a KOH Preparation Utilize a step-by-step method to perform the optimal KOH preparation
- Viral and Bacterial Diseases-Tzanck Prep, Cultures, PCR, or Fluorescent Antibody Test
- Recognize and manage rashes that appear to be infectious.
- Differentiate these from autoimmune vesicular/bullous diseases.
- Mississippi Nigeria Education and Mentoring Exchange (MNEME) Enugu, Nigeria
- Recognize the amazing educational, research and teaching opportunities available in the underdeveloped world
- Approach to Dermatologic Diagnosis
- Describe rashes and lesions properly then differentiate so as to insert into recommended categories.
- Interactive Session I Diagnosis
- Synthesize a proper differential diagnosis-what do we do?
- Eczemas Diagnostic aid of Patch testing
- Differentiate the different dermatitides and employ patch testing where indicated.
- Utilize techniques to reduce cognitive errors in making diagnose
- Mites and Bites Ink and Scabies Prep
- Evaluate and manage patients who present with lesions considered as related to external sources including insects
- Basic Dermatologic Surgery
- Plan and utilize dermatologic procedures such as cryosurgery, biopsy, and minor excisions
- Interactive Session II Treatment
- Identify then manage different treatment modalities of dermatologic disease-what can you do?
Conference Sessions generally take place on days at sea (as itinerary allows), giving you plenty of time to enjoy your meals, evenings and ports of call with your companion, family and friends.