21 ACPE Credits
21.0 Contact Hours
3½ Hours of Pharmacology for NPs
COURSE FEES$1095 for Physicians, Attorneys, Psychologists, Pharmacists, & Dentists
$850 for Physician Assistants
$850 for Nurse Practitioners
$695 for Nurses, Students & Others
- How adults learn
- Apply Malcolm Knowles' principles of adult education to teaching and training in the healthcare setting, and apply Jon O. Neher&aposs Five Microskills of Teaching.
- Creating effective learning objectives
- Develop singular, measurable, and appropriate learning objectives for a variety of skills and content areas.
- Basics of instructional design
- Differentiate between the ADDIE and the ASSURE models for instructional design, and create an effective learner centered training module.
- Plan specific formative and summative assessments and apply to "teach back" method to basic instructions and tasks.
- Problem Identification
- Analyze a situation and define the problem in observable, measurable, and unbiased terms.
- Research methodologies
- Match basic research question 'types' to the appropriate methodology.
- Know the biological effects of UVL
- Recognize impact on skin
- Know how to block UVL
- Describe Vitamin D & sunlight interactions
- Seborrheic Dermatitis
- Differentiate among 4 red face rashes: acne rosacea, acne vulgaris, perioral dermatitis & seborrheic dermatitis
- Be able to treat effectively
- Manage recurrences.
- Acne Vulgaris
- Distinguish acne vulgaris from other red facial rashes
- know the factors causing acne vulgaris
- Direct treatment to each factor
- Recognize & manage side effects.
- Atopic Dermatitis
- Describe 5 pathogenic factors of atopic dermatitis (dryness, infection, contactants, pruritus, & allergy)
- Instruct patient & family in managing these 5 factors
- Impart knowledge of prognosis & genetics.
- Herpes Zoster
- Manage acute herpes zoster to reduce acute pain, prevent post-herpetic neuralgia, shorten the course & prevent complications
- Use the zoster vaccine effectively
- Use knowledge of epidemiology for prevention & treatment.
- Differentiate cellulitis from pseudo-cellulitis
- Assess the patient for precipitating causes
- Treat as an outpatient
- Manage causes to prevent recurrences.
- Psoriasis Vulgaris
- Be able to differentiate psoriasis, the marker disease for the papulosquamous diseases, from the others.
- Manage comorbidities of psoriasis
- Manage mild cases
- Know when to refer patients with psoriasis for speciality care.
- Burning Mouth Syndrome
- Assess the patient with symptoms of a sore, burning mouth for multiple potential causes
- Develop a plan to manage each of the causes
- Reassure the patient that the prognosis is optimistic.
- Geographic Tongue
- Describe the lesions of geographic tongue
- Reassure the patient that the lesions do not represent a marker of disease
- Reassure the patient that the lesions resolve spontaneously.
Modules for Essential Non-Clinical Skills for Healthcare Providers (content under development)
- Basics of Patient Education and Training
- Basics of Research Design and Problem Solving
- Skills for Team Based Healthcare Delivery
Conference Sessions generally take place on days at sea (as itinerary allows), giving you plenty of time to enjoy your meals, evenings and ports of call with your companion, family and friends.