14 ACPE Credits
14 (part II) MOC points in medical knowledge in the American Board of Internal Medicine's (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program
14.0 Contact Hours
5½ Hours of Pharmacology for NPs
Course Fees:$895 for Physicians, Attorneys, Psychologists, Pharmacists, & Dentists
$695 for Physician Assistants
$695 for Nurse Practitioners
$495 for Nurses, Students & Others
BIAS FREE CME - No Commercial Support was provided for this CME activity.
- Management of Congestive Heart Failure: Updated Guidelines for the Primary Care and Acute Care Provider
- Differentiate heart failure due to systolic and diastolic dysfunction.
- Assess prognosis based upon NYHA class and Ejection Fraction.
- Apply the evidence-based approach to current pharmacological and advanced device therapy treatment guidelines.
- Anticoagulation for Atrial Fibrillation: Updated Guidelines for the Primary Care and Acute Care Provider
- Understand the assessment of bleeding and thromboembolic risk for atrial fibrillation.
- Assess patient candidacy for warfarin and novel oral anticoagulant therapies.
- Assessment of acute chest pain: Updated Guidelines for the Primary Care and Acute Care Provider
- Only 30% of patients with acute chest pain have a cardiac etiology
- What are best-practice clinical and diagnostic modalities to be used in assessment
- Incorporation of cardiac imaging tests in the ED evaluation of chest pain.
- Acute Coronary Syndromes: Updated Guidelines for the Primary Care and Acute Care Provider
- Acute coronary syndromes are a medical emergency; the acute care practitioner must be capable of recognizing, diagnosing, beginning initial therapy, and initiate the multidisciplinary team approach to this life-threating emergency.
- The use of cardiac biomarkers in acute diagnosis.
- The early initiation of medical therapy, and when to initiate interventional therapy.
- Management of Symptomatic Stable CAD: Updated Guidelines for the Primary Care and Acute Care Provider.
- Appreciate in which patients are percutaneous coronary intervention and surgical revascularization are useful.
- Review novel medical therapies for stable CAD.
- Endocarditis: Who are you going to call-Cardiology, Infectious Disease or Cardiac Surgery?
- Review of clinical criteria for diagnosis of endocarditis.
- Appreciate the indications for surgical and medical therapy for endocarditis.
- Management of Hyperlipidemia: Updated Guidelines for the Primary Care and Acute Care Provider
- Review the evidence to support the use of statins for primary and secondary prevention.
- Review the evidence to support the elimination of non-statin therapy from lipid treatment guidelines.
- Understand the role of PCSK9 inhibitor therapy and other emerging therapies in management of dyslipidemia.
- Lipid Therapy for Overdose
- Predict the characteristics of drug overdoses responsive to lipid therapy
- Direct administering lipid therapy for drug overdose
- Explain the "lipid sink" therory for the believed method of action of lipid therapy treatment of certain life-threatening drug overdoses without an antidote.
- Design an order set to treat potentially life-threatening overdoses with intravenous lipid emulsion
- Diversity & Inclusion in Quality Patient Care
- Explain health care disparities and how diversity & Inclusion diminish health care disparities difficulty managing patients of other cultures due to social barriers
- Disparities Interpreter Services
- Explain the potential of medical errors created by use of non-professional interpreters. Inability to efficiently use professional translator service
- Sepsis Update: 2019
- Create a personal plan to comply with 2019 sepsis bundle 1 guideline difficulty reaching compliance with sepsis quality measures
- Stroke Outliers:
- Explain the epidemiology of wake-up stroke
- Recognize syndromes that mimic stroke and avoid lytic therapy
- Predict risk of stroke after TIA avoiding misdiagnosis of stroke
- Airway Management: Avoiding Intubation in Respiratory distress
- Recognize the advantage in avoiding intubation
- Explain how Hi flow Oxygen can help avoid intubation
- Explain how NIPPV can help avoid intubation
- Recognize the contraindications for NIPPV unfamiliar with new oxygen delivery and airway devices in ED.
- Case Conference Non-Invasive Ventilation NIV
- Direct the care of respiratory distress patient to avoid intubation
- Inability to use new oxygen delivery and airway devices in ED.
- Create an algorithm for use of adjuncts to oxygenation and ventilation to avoid intubation
We can assist you with all your travel arrangements. We'd be happy to help you plan your flights, hotels or tours before and/or after your cruise conference.