15 ACPE Credits
15.0 Contact Hours
4.75 Hours of phamacology for NPs
COURSE FEES$995 for Physicians, Attorneys, Psychologists, Pharmacists, & Dentists
$750 for Physician Assistants
$750 for Nurse Practitioners
$595 for Nurses, Students & Others
- Update in Type 2 Diabetes Management
- Identify and utilize the current American Diabetes Association Guidelines for the management of Type 2 Diabetes
- Demonstarte knowledge of medications used to manage Type 2 DM
- Develop strategies to help patients with management of lifestyle guidelines for diabetes
- Selected GYN Topics- a review of common Gyn concerns
- Recognize common gyn concerns and problems that women experience
- Evaluate common needs and uses for hormone management
- Demonstrate knowledge of medical problems that are unique to women
- Travel Medicine-Staying Healthy on Land and Sea
- Review recommendations for travel abroad
- Describe CDC's recommendations for travelers
- Demonstrate ability to use travel medicine resources such as the CDC site
- Manage common illnesses associated with travel (Malaria, Motion sickness, viral illnesses)
- Navigating Difficult Decisions- Bad News, Sad News, Advance Directives
- Describe strategies to deliver bad news
- Demonstrate proficiency and sensitivity in discussing sad news
- Manage conversations with patients and their families concerning advance directives
- Understand parameters of advance directives
- Adolescent Care- Making an Impac
- Review guidelines for adolescent preventive care
- Review recommendations for immunization
- Manage common controversies in the adolescent age group
- Cultural Sensitivity and Unconscious Bias
- Understand the need for culturally sensitive communication.
- Describe healthcare disparities and their impact
- Recognize unconscious bias and its impact
- Connecting Team Members to Joy
- Describe skills to help evolve a culture of safety
- Enhance employee engagement and satisfaction
- Learn skills to build team relationships.
- Create a culture of mutual respect, safety, and teamwork through communication.
- "Observe All" Typical and Not So Typical Skin Lesions
- Identify concerning skin lesions which warrant close attention.
- Office evaluation of chest and abdominal pain
- Differentiate atypical presentations of more serious causes of chest and abdominal pain.
- Call a Code?! Common and Not So Common Office Based Catastrophes
- Discriminate between potentially life-threatening office based events and those less threatening.
- What's New? The Latest Hypertension Update
- Cite the latest hypertension guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of hypertension.
- Helping Your Patients Avoid Heart Disease
- Recognize the precursor conditions to diabetes and hypertension.
- Evaluation and Treatment of UTII's: A Useful Guide
- Define the difference between uncomplicated and complicated urinary tract infections and how to properly treat them based on the latest IDSA Guidelines.
- Why Doctors Get Sued and How to Avoid It
- Describe the major factor behind malpractice allegations and how to avoid being sued.
Conference Sessions generally take place on days at sea (as itinerary allows), giving you plenty of time to enjoy your meals, evenings and ports of call with your companion, family and friends.