14 ACPE Credits
14 (part II) MOC points in medical knowledge in the American Board of Internal Medicine's (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program
14.0 Contact Hours
Course Fees:$895 for Physicians, Attorneys, Psychologists, Pharmacists, & Dentists
$695 for Physician Assistants
$695 for Nurse Practitioners
$495 for Nurses, Students & Others
BIAS FREE CME - No Commercial Support was provided for this CME activity.
By the end of the lecture series, attendees will be able to diagnose and initiate treatment for rheumatoid arthritis, Sjogren&apost;s syndrome, polymyalgia rheumatica, giant cell arteritis, gout and pyrophosphate deposition disease. Attendees will also be able to critically analyze lupus serology and explain the poor specificity of the anti-nuclear antibody.
Attendees will be able to describe key clinical findings in scleroderma and discuss the role of an echocardiogram, pulmonary function test and high resolution CT scan of the chest to screen for and identify interstitial lung disease and pulmonary arterial hypertension. Finally, attendees will be able to outline a plan for timing of immunizations and elective surgery for patients who are being treated with immunosuppressive agents for their rheumatic disease.
- Rheumatoid arthritis: Diagnosis and management
- Diagnose and initiate treatment of rheumatoid arthritis
- Lupus: A case-based approach
- List the most common clinical and laboratory features of lupus
- Sjogren's Syndrome: Beyond sicca
- Identify extra-glandular features of Sjogren&apost;s syndrome and outline a treatment plan for most common manifestations.
- Scleroderma: A systemic disease
- Describe key clinical features scleroderma.
- Accurately select patients who require more immediate investigations to identify cardiopulmonary disease.
- Polymyalgia rheumatic and giant cell arteritis
- Diagnose polymyalgia rheumatica and initiate treatment.
- Diagnose giant cell arteritis and initiate treatment
- Gout and pyrophosphate deposition disease
- Use the ACR/EULAR guidelines to diagnose and treat gout.
- Differentiate between gout and pyrophosphate deposition disease.
- Rheumatologic medications: what you need to know
- Summarize key potential risks when using disease modifying anti-rheumatic drugs (DMARDs).
- Develop a plan for the appropriate administration of immunizations and timing of surgical procedures in patients who are being treated with DMARDs
We can assist you with all your travel arrangements. We'd be happy to help you plan your flights, hotels or tours before and/or after your cruise conference.