14 ACPE Credits
14 (part II) MOC points in medical knowledge in the American Board of Internal Medicine's (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program
14.0 Contact Hours
6 ¾ Hours of Pharmacology for NPs
COURSE FEES$895 for Physicians, Attorneys, Psychologists, Pharmacists, & Dentists
$695 for Physician Assistants
$695 for Nurse Practitioners
$495 for Nurses, Students & Others
- Updates on strategies to reduce and prevent asthma with consideration of practice guidelines in management
- Appreciate the signs and symptoms of rhinitis due to allergies and acute and chronic sinusitis with an emphasis on diagnosis and treatment.
- Allergy Shots/ Sublingual Immunotherapy
- Learn about allergy shots and sublingual immunotherapy and indications for its use and how they may be given safely .
- Environmental and Occupational Allergenic Triggers
- Provide appropriate testing and counseling to patients with suspected environmental and occupational triggers for disease .
- Food Allergy
- Determine whether a patient has food allergy, perform and interpret appropriate allergy tests, and provide a management plan for patients with food allergy.
- Atopic Dermatitis/Eczema
- Manage atopic dermatitis, based upon better knowledge of a complex chronic skin disorders.
- Recognize the severity of anaphylaxis and the causes.
- Approach to the patient with Spells
- Identify clinical signs and symptoms involved in patients with recurrent spells.
- Epilepsy - Medical and Surgical Management
- Describe the type of epilepsy and appropriate medical and surgical approaches to best practice.
- Using Anti-seizure Drugs
- Know the essential differences in new and old anti-seizure drugs when choosing them for epilepsy and neurological disease states.
- Focusing on the Neurological Examination
- Enhance the skill necessary to provide a targeted time-efficient neurological examination for patients with conditions impairing neurological function.
- Signs in Neurological Disease
- Determine the significant features involved in clinical signs present in patients with neurological disease.
- Case Studies in Neurology
- Address important features in case studies involving neurological signs/symptoms, synthesize a differential diagnosis, and implement specific treatment.
- Video Challenge: You Make the Call
- Assess the role of video in supporting a clinical diagnosis in patients with neurological complaint.
Conference Sessions generally take place on days at sea (as itinerary allows), giving you plenty of time to enjoy your meals, evenings and ports of call with your companion, family and friends.