COURSE CREDITS & HOURS8 CE Units
COURSE FEES$400 for Doctors/Dentists and $175 for Dental Personnel
The Immediate Full Arch Rehabilitation of Patients with Dental Implants
Dr. Steven J. LoCascio
Since its accidental discovery in 1952 by Dr. P.I. Brånemark, and subsequent introduction to dentistry in the late 1970s and early 1980s, osseointegration has revolutionized how dentists treat patients. It can be safely stated that the endosseous dental implant is the single greatest advance that dentistry has seen in the last century.
Utilization of endosseous implants can significantly improve a patient's quality of life by replacing missing teeth, restoring a smile and facilitating the ability to chew and function without experiencing pain and embarrassment.
Many patients with hopeless dentitions expect their transition from teeth to full arch implants to be seamless. A clinician's understanding of basic treatment principles along with current trends and technology, will help facilitate optimal outcomes that meet patient expectations of treatment experience, function and aesthetics. This lecture will focus on how to predictably transition patients with debilitated dentitions to full arch implant restorations. Prosthetic principles that are critical to achieve enhanced aesthetic and functional results will be reviewed. Multiple clinical cases will be illustrated.
At the completion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Describe the aesthetic and biomechanical challenges associated with transitioning patients from teeth to dental implants.
- Understand the various methods of transitioning patients with comprehensive dental needs from teeth to implants.
- Identify patients that are candidates for immediate full arch loading of dental implants.
- Understand the step by step sequencing of treatment procedures with both immediate provisionalization and case completion.
- Explain the clinical differences with immediate occlusal loading of the maxilla compared to the mandible.
- Be able to detail how to restoratively begin any rehabilitation case.
- Understand how the use of specialty implants and surgical guidance can enhance treatment results.
Conference Sessions generally take place on days at sea (as itinerary allows), giving you plenty of time to enjoy your meals, evenings and ports of call with your companion, family and friends.