COURSE CREDITS & HOURS14 Contact Hours
- Resolving an Unexpected Medical Outcome using a team approach
- Apply two models for disclosing an unexpected medical outcome: when care is reasonable or when care is unreasonable.
- Diabetes self-management: the key to a successful outcome
- Define the key skills needed to support a clinician as a change agent in coaching patients to self-manage their condition.
- Transitioning from Cure to Care in chronic disease management
- Identify and use a model for documenting the continuum of care for patients being following by a retired nurse volunteer.
- The Electronic Health Record - a challenge or an opportunity
- Define the challenges that occur when using an electronic health record and 3 skills to overcome these challenges.
- Patient Safety: Strategies and tools to promote patient safety and improve clinical performance
- Reasons to improve safety in the medical practice, including the role of leadership.
- Motivational Interviewing
- Demonstrate communication techniques used in motivational interviewing
- Working in Highly Functioning Teams
- Diabetes 2019 Update
- Update on Communication Skills
- Describe new communication tools used when interviewing patients
- Define Burnout
- Relate techniques to manage burnout in oneself and others
- The Neuroscience of Anger and the Angry Encounter
- Describe new concepts in the neuroscience of anger
- Demonstrate use of a communication tool to mitigate anger in oneself and others
- Navigating Difficult Conversations
- Manage conversations when they become difficult
- Advanced Care Planning & End of Life
- Describe the differences in ACP & EOL
- Explain ACP & EOL to patients and families
Conference Sessions generally take place on days at sea (as itinerary allows), giving you plenty of time to enjoy your meals, evenings and ports of call with your companion, family and friends.