14 ACPE Credits
14.0 Contact Hours
COURSE FEES$895 for Physicians, Attorneys, Psychologists, Pharmacists, & Dentists
$695 for Physician Assistants
$695 for Nurse Practitioners
$495 for Nurses, Students & Others
- Optimizing Results through Teamwork
- Apply the characteristics of successful teams and tools to build teamwork and improve outcomes
- Describe how teamwork can improve chronic disease metrics
- List and explain stages of team formation
- Preparing Your Patients for a Successful Transition to their Golden Years
- Improve the wellness of the elder patients seen
- Address preventive measures for elder patients
- Provide appropriate medication management for the elderly
- Improve communication strategies in discussing advance directives with patients
- Medical Error Reduction: Optimizing Outcomes and Patient Safety
- Discuss types of medical errors that can result in increased morbidity and mortality
- Minimize potential cognitive error risks to result in improved outcomes and patient safety
- Explain how diagnosis momentum can result in medical errors
- Travel Medicine: Prevention Goes International
- Discuss the scope of US travelers abroad
- Assess appropriately the medical risk to the traveler
- List commonly needed Immunizations for travelers
- Implement helpful travel preventative treatments
- Utilize travel medicine related website resources
- Optimizing Patient Safety - Appropriate Opioid Prescribing
- Appropriately evaluate a patient for Chronic Pain
- Utilize general guidelines for prescribing Controlled Substances / Opioids, including the 2016 Centers for Disease Control guidelines
- Implement the use of multiple modalities in managing chronic pain
- Explain the added risks when prescribing opioids more than 100 mg / day Morphine Milligram Equivalent (MME)
- Implement strategies to improve patient safety and compliance with guidelines in prescribing opioids and other Controlled Substances
- Abdominal Pain Considerations
- The clinician will be able to recognize the likely diagnosis and apply that knowledge to management plans.
- Exercise in Pregnancy
- The clinician with propose appropriate exercise for the pregnant patient.
- Marine injury and how to code it with ICD10.
- The clinician will be able to conclude the proper code based on knowledge of injury.
- Sports Head and Heart Issues
- The clinician will be able to diagnose a concussion and recognize the common athletic heart issues.
- Pap smear
- Pap smear, when and how often?
- Thyroid Considerations
- The clinician will be able to confidently diagnose and devise treatment and follow-up for abnormal thyroid tests.
- USPSTF Recommendations and Overview
- The clinician will be able to translate evidence based recommendations into a patient management plan.
Conference Sessions generally take place on days at sea (as itinerary allows), giving you plenty of time to enjoy your meals, evenings and ports of call with your companion, family and friends.