15.0 Contact Hours
Course Fees:Physicians, Attorneys, Psychologists, Dentists
*Discounted Advanced Registration - $895
Regular Registration - $945
Physician Assistants, Pharmacists, Nurse Practitioners
*Discounted Advanced Registration - $695
Regular Fee - $745
Nurses, Residents, Students
*Discounted Advanced Registration - $495
Regular Fee - $545
BIAS FREE CME - No Commercial Support was provided for this CME activity.
Conference registration includes workshop attendance, handouts and refreshments during the meetings and documentation of continuing education credit.
Spouses, family and friends are welcome and do not need to register unless they attend the educational sessions. Special conference fees are available for non-professional accompanying persons who wish to attend one or more session (no special receipt, certification or credit issued).
- Infectious Disease/ Antibiotic Stewardship/New Antibiotics/ perhaps UTI/ Related Case Studies
New Antimicrobial Update: Has help truly arrived?
- Review various new antimicrobials that have been FDA-approved.
- Discuss pros and cons of these agents.
- Evaluate these agents critically for use in clinical practice.
- Compare the possible role of these agents through cases.
- Difficult Cases in Infectious Diseases: Are you up for the challenge?
- Differentiate pharmacotherapy options for complicated infections.
- Develop a plan to manage these infections.
- Propose treatment options for resistant Gram-negative pathogens .
- Update in the Treatment of MRSA Acute Bacterial Skin/Skin Structure Infections (ABSSSI)
- Discuss the epidemiology of ABSSSI including MRSA.
- List agents commonly used in the management of ABSSSI.
- Summarize guidelines for management of ABSSSI.
- Select an appropriate treatment based on patient ABSSSI presentation.
Session 2: Wednesday, April 3, 2019 : 7:15 AM Check In, 7:30 AM - 1:00 PM Educational Program (5 hrs)
- Diabetes/ Bariatric Surgery/ Dosing in Obesity
Diabetes Pharmacotherapy Update: Focus on the Integrating Newer Agents into Clinical Practice:
- Prepare a brief overview of pathophysiology, diagnosis, and clinical implication of diabetes mellitus.
- Compare current recommended therapies for diabetes through cases.
- Describe the role of older agents in clinical practice.
- Evaluate the role of newer agents in the management of diabetes through cases.
- Bariatric Surgery: Getting to the Gut of the Matter:
- Analyze the role of bariatric surgery in the management of patients with morbid obesity.
- Describe the complications and medication related changes evident post-bariatric surgery.
- Evaluate the roles of the team in the care of patients undergoing bariatric surgery procedures.
- Evaluate appropriate drug therapy through case studies.
- Drug Dosing in Obesity: A Huge Problem for Patients and Providers Alike:
- Describe the obesity epidemic in the United States.
- Discuss pharmacokinetic changes in obese patients related to challenges in dosing.
- Evaluate drugs most affected by obesity through case studies.
Session 3: Friday April 5, 2019, 7:45 AM Check In, 8:00 AM - 1:30 PM Educational Program (5 hrs)
- Update in the Management of Headaches and Seizure Disorders, Polypharmacy and the Elderly
What a Headache! Clinical Review of Different Headaches with corresponding Treatments:
- Review briefly risk factors, pathophysiology, and clinical presentation of cluster, tension, and migraine headaches.
- Describe various treatment and preventative strategies of each type of headache when applicable
- Illustrate appropriate treatments through patient cases.
- Seize the day! Update in the Management of Epilepsy:
- Summarize different seizure types requiring therapy.
- Review briefly current available options for epilepsy treatment.
- Describe newer treatments in the management of epilepsy.
- Polypharmacy and the Elderly: Minimizing Untoward Effects through Prudent Prescribing:
- Summarize factors leading to polypharmacy in the elderly.
- Define inappropriate medications for elderly patients.
- Describe tools to screen patients for polypharmacy.
- Describe best practices for limiting adverse drug events in "necessary" medications.
- Use case studies to illustrate possible polypharmacy interventions.
We can assist you with all your travel arrangements. We'd be happy to help you plan your flights, hotels or tours before and/or after your cruise conference.