14 ACPE Credits
14.0 Contact Hours
COURSE FEES$895 for Physicians, Attorneys, Psychologists, Pharmacists, & Dentists
$695 for Physician Assistants
$695 for Nurse Practitioners
$495 for Nurses, Students & Others
- Travel Medicine-Staying Healthy on Land and at Sea
- Review recommendations for travel abroad
- Describe CDC's recommendations for travelers
- Demonstrate ability to use travel medicine resources such as the CDC site
- Manage common illnesses associated with travel (Malaria, Motion sickness, viral illnesses)
- Migraine Headaches-Diagnosis, Management and Coping
- Define common presentations and types of migraine headaches.
- Assess risk factors and triggers for migraines
- Describe and manage pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic treatments for migraine headaches
- Update in Type 2 Diabetes
- Identify and utilize the current American Diabetes Association Guidelines for the management of Type 2 Diabetes
- Demonstrate knowledge of medications used to manage Type 2 DM
- Develop strategies to help patients with management of lifestyle guidelines for diabetes
- Nutrition-Whats New? Whats Best? What Works?
- Describe basic nutrition requirements
- Describe and discuss benefits and risks of popular diets
- Demonstarte knowledge of the connections between different nutritional benefits and risks and health concerns
- Allergic Rhinitis and Asthma
- Review the definitions and demographics of allergic rhinitis and asthma.
- Assess risk factors and triggers for these conditions.
- Describe and manage pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic management of allergic rhinitis and asthma.
- The Difficult Patient Encounter: Successful Navigation
- Describe factors that lead to difficult patient encounters
- Give personal examples of difficult patient encounters
- Discover and utilize new skills to help manage difficult encounters and improve satisfaction and joy in the practice of medicine.
- Keys to Building a Connected, Compassionate Team
- Describe skills to help evolve a culture of safety
- Enhance employee engagement and satisfaction
- Learn skills to build team relationships.
- Create a culture of mutual respect, safety, and teamwork through communication.
Conference Sessions generally take place on days at sea (as itinerary allows), giving you plenty of time to enjoy your meals, evenings and ports of call with your companion, family and friends.