Dr. Weismiller is a graduate of Jefferson Medical College of Thomas Jefferson University in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. He completed his residency at the University of Virginia Health Sciences Center in Charlottesville and a fellowship in Maternal-Child Health and graduate degree in Epidemiology at Brown University School of Medicine, Providence.
A Professor of Family Medicine at the new medical school of the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, he provides full-scope care that includes inpatient and maternity care. A proponent of "reflection in practice" and "learner-centered instruction," he is recognized nationally for his work in continuing medical education and faculty development.
Having taught board review programs for the American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP) for more than 20 years, he is the founding and current chair of the AAFP Family Medicine Board Review Express™, as well as the AAFP's annual Family Medicine Update course.
He is a frequent presenter at AAFP Family Medicine Experience (FMX) and teaches American Board of Family Medicine (ABFM) Knowledge Self-Assessments throughout the country. Dr. Weismiller is the author of numerous publications on issues related to women's and children's health, and he is an advocate for empowering individuals to make sound health care choices.
He is the father of three amazing daughters. He and his partner Brian make their home in Las Vegas.
Previously Participated On:
- Topics in Child & Adolescent Medicine, Women's Health, and Geriatrics
- Selected Topics in Family Medicine, Women's Health, Vascular Medicine, and Phlebology
- Family Medicine, Women's Health, and Gynecologic Oncology
- Topics in Dermatology and Women's Health
- 6th Annual Internal Medicine in Primary Care
- Family Medicine; Women's Health in the 21st Century: New Understandings and New Solutions