Dr. Ninia is the Director of the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at St. Charles Hospital in Port Jefferson , NY and a Clinical Associate Professor of OB/GYN at Stony Brook University School of Medicine.
He received his medical degree from Wayne State University School of Medicine and continued his post graduate training at Nassau County Medical Center. For over 20 years, he has maintained two separate private practices in both OB/GYN and Phlebology. He has lectured internationally on the topic of women's health and venous disease and has authored 3 text book chapters and over 25 articles in peer reviewed journals.
A Fellow of the American College of OB/GYN's, Surgeons and Phlebologists, he is board certified in OB/GYN as well as Phlebology and was instrumental in the creation of the nationally administered Phlebology board certification exam. He is certified by the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography as a Registered Vascular Technologist. He has served as a member of the American College of Phlebology Board of Directors and the Phlebology Foundation Board. He has served on the Catholic Health Services of Long Island Board of Trustees and helped create initiatives to improve patient safety in Labor and Delivery. His efforts resulted in St. Charles hospital earning the Healthcare Association of New York State Pinnacle Award for quality and patient safety along with his earning the prestigious Theodore Roosevelt award given to those individuals who provide outstanding voluntary contributions and leadership at Long Island hospitals.
Previously Participated On:
- Selected Topics in Family Medicine, Women's Health, Vascular Medicine, and Phlebology
- Physical and Mental Health in Women, Domestic Violence, Sexual Assault, and Phlebology
- Women's Health and Phlebology: Clinical and Pharmacological Principles and Practices
- Women's Health, Phlebology, Intensive Care, and Nephrology
- Treating Your Peri-menopause and Menopausal patient: Symptoms, Sex and Health Promotion;
Women's Health, Phlebology
- Family Medicine, Women's Health, and Phlebology