Dr. David S. Kountz is a Professor of Medicine for the Hackensack Meridian School of Medicine and Co-Chief Academic Officer for Hackensack Meridian Health. He earned his AB at Princeton, MD at SUNY/Buffalo School of Medicine, and MBA at Georgian Court University in Lakewood, NJ. He completed training in Internal Medicine at Hahnemann University Hospital in Philadelphia.
A board-certified internist, Dr. Kountz has had progressive responsibilities in academic medicine as Associate Professor of Medicine at Temple University School of Medicine and Professor of Medicine at Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School.
Dr. Kountz's research interests include hypertension treatment and guidelines in underserved populations, health literacy, pipeline programs and leadership development. He has authored more than 100 peer-reviewed publications, book chapters, editorials and abstracts, and is a frequent speaker within and outside of his health network on a variety of topics in primary care.
Previously Participated On:
- Topics in Family Medicine, Pediatrics, and
- Jack and Jill of America, Inc.
National Cultural Exchange Trip We are Kings and Queens
- Internal Medicine and Nutrition
- Topics in Primary Care and Pediatric Allergy,
Asthma, and Immunology
- Current Topics in Cardiology and Emergency Medicine
- Timely Topics in Infectious Diseases and Primary Care
- Topics in Internal Medicine
- Topics in Family Medicine and Primary Care
- Allergy, Immunology, Family Medicine, and Primary Care